“Excellent place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tarka Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fremington
Tarka Bed and Breakfast
You added Tarka Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
25 Chilpark, Fremington, Barnstaple EX31 3BZ, England   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Fremington B&B and Inns
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Above and beyond what I expected from a b and b. Chrissie and Dave were very welcoming and friendly. The room and en suite was immaculate and there was plenty of room. Breakfast was beautiful and plenty of it so set you up for the day. Overall a fantastic pkace to stay and would recommend it to anyone, you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I’ve stayed here on several occasions, and each time had a brilliant experience. The owners Chrissie and Dave went above and beyond to make sure I had a great stay. The room is more than comfortable, with a very modern and clean ensuite bathroom. I think I was very lucky to find this B&B and would recommend it to anyone it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Driving to Fremington I got lost (it's easy to find but I was having a daffy moment) and called to say I'd be late. Dave, co-owner with Chrissie, offered to come and find me - impressive as it was supper time. Chrissie had also emailed in advance to see if I had any special food requests too, so I felt I was in good hands.

The double room, on the ground floor, is attractively decorated in modern style and is quite stunningly clean - not the tiniest whiff of dust or smudge anywhere. I wasn't surprised to learn that lovely Chrissie runs a cleaning company and understands that when you're staying somewhere, it's hugely important. As she said "I've stayed at places where I've come home wanting to take a shower."

Very decent TV/DVD, selection of films to watch, tea/coffee facilities, and a fab en-suite shower room which is bright, well-designed, shiny...just great. The cabinet thoughtfully contains everything one would need to survive a nuclear attack.

Tarka is not one of those rangy B&Bs with Heathcliffe views (at least not from the room) - it's at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac of modern houses.However, the next morning, after a really, really good and immaculately-served breakfast, I discovered that behind the house (we're talking on the other side of the wall) were fields and lanes and the start of the Tarka (the Otter book) trail...so I went for a wonderful sunlit walk.

I've taken one circle off for the fact that the room is fairly compact and I have a particular love of rangy B&Bs with great views from the room itself - but I'd definitely recommend Tarka B&B.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Tarka Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!