“Staff exceptionally impolite.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Memory of March Youth Hostel Lugu Lake

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ninglang County
Memory of March Youth Hostel Lugu Lake
You added Memory of March Youth Hostel Lugu Lake to your Saves list
Lige Village Upper Section, Luguhe Town, Ninglang County 674300, China   |
Ranked #25 of 52 Ninglang County B&B and Inns
3.5 of 5 stars 20 Reviews
Seattle
“Staff exceptionally impolite.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

After a month of traveling around China I was fortunate to have nothing but positive experiences. However this came to abrupt end when I attempted to check in to Memory of March. When first trying to ask if they had received my reservation, I made the mistake of using English. The round hostess behind the bar threw her palm up into my face and said "No, my English not good.". At that point I should have walked out the door and found another place, sadly I did not. Using Chinese this time, I was able to confirm my reservation for 3 days after checking out the room. The entire time, the hostess attempted to talk through a Korean friend I had made on the bus who also spoke Chinese, even though at that point it was quite obvious that I understood all that was being said.

Long story short, I spent one night, and the next morning was more of the same, except this time it was a young man who obviously didn't want me there.

Checked out, left Lige town totally, had a driver take me to a tiny spit of land on the southern end of the lake past the grass sea. 50 kuai a night, wonderful people (little English however) and a view of Lugu I would have paid triple the price for. The inn is called Qian Long. It is isolated, quiet, and clean.

Just say no to Memory of March, the rooms are not bad, nor the prices, but you deserve to be treated with some respect.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Families
Business
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
WWW
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

We recently spent a night at the Memory of March hostel at Lige, Lugu Hu in Yunnan. The woman receptionist was particularly rude. When we enquired about a room, she barely looked up from her writing, and was completely uninterested in our custom. When I requested to be directed to a water source with which to flush a dirty toilet, she retorted that there was nothing she could do with a non-working toilet. In other words, she washed her hands off the matter (pun intended).

When my friend, in the company of the Zhaxis Home bullies (see my other post), asked about a refund, he was mocked and insulted.

We eventually stayed the night but this experience has left us wondering if customer service is a concept, however basic, that is within the capability of the staff at the Memory of March hostel to grasp.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Memory of March Youth Hostel Lugu Lake? Share your experiences!