“Downward trajectory” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Knowsley
UK
“Downward trajectory”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times over the past 8 years and have usually been pleased with it, however recently I've noticed a drop in standards - rooms looking tired and slippage in cleanliness. The staff are as pleasant as ever but if the slippage in standards isn't swiftly checked then their cheerfulness will be wasted.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Pat K, General Manager at Suites Hotel Knowsley, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Hello , we appreciate all feedback we get but just wondering have you noticed the following.

In the last six months all our Suites have had a full decoration and we have fitted new soft close toilet seats plus all new shower curtains and all bathroom tiles have had a full sensation , we have also increased the lighting levels with new lampshades etc, all the bedroom corridors have been decorated with a complete colour change.

In the main lounges all furniture has been recovered in completely different material and also the lounges have been painted completely.

We are constantly making changes to the hotel some go unnoticed but most are there for people to see

Your comments about cleanliness , we do score highly on other comments from Trip Advisor users on hygiene , we would of course prefer you to bring any issue you have to our attention immediately so if there was a problem we can attend to it right away.

Once again our staff get high praise for their helpfulness and friendliness , this is something we all get pleasure from , what is a building without people , especially a hotel.

There is a constant improval and refurb program here at the Suites Hotel and it is something we take seriously to keep the hotel fresh.

Should anybody reading wish to visit our Google Virtual Tour site http://goo.gl/maps/tCSxf

You can walk around the whole hotel , all photographs were taken in June of this year , have a look it's very good.

We hope you will come back to see us and please don’t hesitate to ask for myself and we can discuss any issues you may have over a cup of tea.

Mrs. Pat King.

General manager.

Suites Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Dudley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend with our 2 boys (aged 3 and 1) for my sister in-laws wedding. We had an executive suite which was very nice indeed. Two large rooms and a bathroom, it was great having a separate bedroom from the children and all that extra space. There was plenty of hot drinks choices and a fridge in the room, which was great for storing milk for the kids bedtime.

We had a meal in the restaurant the night before the wedding, a large group of us. The meal was ok, not great and if i'm honest a little disorganised. I was a bit concerned about the wedding reception the next day but I had nothing to worry about. The reception was excellent and the staff were very efficient and organised. They all worked very hard to make my Sister-In-law's special day run smoothly. The food was delicious and hot. Couldn't fault any part of it.

Breakfast was excellent, plenty of choice.

We took advantage of the Leisure facilities and again they were very good, the pool, sauna, jacuzzi. The children loved it.

I would recommend this hotel, the rooms are excellent and its in a great location for visiting Liverpool attractions. We enjoyed our stay, thankyou.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Pat K, General Manager at Suites Hotel Knowsley, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thanks for you glowing report and five stars all round about the Suites Hotel it is good to read.

I note your comments re your meal in our Restaurant and the Wedding Breakfast and I can assure you it is the same Chefs that produced all of the meals.

Never the less we take all comments on board and it helps to keep us on our toes for the future.

Should you visit Liverpool again , please don’t hesitate to contact me and let me know you are coming , we can have a chat over a cup of tea.

Once again a big thank you for all five stars in the ratings.

Mrs Pat King.

General Manager.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We have enjoyed a number of hotels in this part of england Italy Austria and Spain all with a good standard of food and excellent staff.but on this occasion the stay at this hotel was one to remember food comfort the the most att
entive and friendly staff despite my wife feeling unwell every help was provided .I expressed my gratitude to the duty manager Mr n. Ward .for a most pleasant and enjoyable stay and this reflects on good management and a hotel that places
excellent customer care firmly at the top of the list.

• Stayed July 2013
Pat K, General Manager at Suites Hotel Knowsley, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for giving us such excellent scores.
I do hope your wife is feeling better and please pass on our best regards for a speedy recovery.
It is always nice when the staff are mentioned with such warmth and is very good for morale to have such encouraging feedback from customers.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us at The Suites Hotel.
Customer care is very high on our list of priorities.
Our aim is to make everyones stay with us as confortable and enjoyable as possible and it is great when we get such nice comments from people who have stayed with us.
I hope that you will come back to stay with us in the near future.
Best regards
Mrs Pat King
reading
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Firstly the positives: all staff were unfailingly positive and helpful. There is plenty of car parking and the bedrooms I had were large and they do a late room service. I had supposedly an executive suite which looked on first glance excellent - two large rooms and plenty of desk space. However when I walked into the bathroom there was a dirty towel on the floor and dirt in the sink. I complained and was promptly moved to another room. This one was better. Room service was okay- they made me a salad as all of the other choices had bread in them. at breakfast I picked up an apple from the breakfast bar but found it was soft and had gone bad - the free newspaper was yesterday's and this sums it up. The hotel has potential to be five star but attention to detail is lacking.

Room Tip: Check how clean the room is before you unpack
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Pat K, General Manager at Suites Hotel Knowsley, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thanks for the feedback we appreciate all comments from our customers.

The problem with the dirty towel is inexcusable yes , the problem was the room was down for maintenance due to faulty air conditioning and due to operator error on a computer the room should have been put down as non available , this did not happen , sloppy yes it was . The hygiene levels are very high at the Suites Hotel as can be seen in other postings and there was no other problem on that as you write.

The newspapers are free and changed every day early morning 6.30 am, I can only think that another resident has left one around , don’t really see that as a major problem , maybe a bit irrating to some people but the daily papers are there and had you asked I am sure the staff would of sorted it for you.

The apple at breakfast had a small bruise on it agreed , but was not bad , any problems can and in this case was resolved by a member of staff right away , I can assure you as management we strive for perfection but on occasion the human factor in us all does let us down sometimes , annoying to us yes but we do try very hard to get it right for our customers.

I thank you for your kind comments about the staff , much appreciated and I am sure you appreciated how the Duty Manager helped you with your dietary problems and that he helped you with your baggage on departure. Maybe you could of discussed the problems with him at that time.

I can assure you we do take all observations seriously as all caring businesses do about their customers , and hope my explanation will encourage you to come back to see us again.

Please ask for myself when you come back and I can attend to your needs myself.

Mrs. Pat King.

General Manager.

North York Moors National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Just returned from a fantastice weekend in Liverpool. This Hotel was by far the best Hotel that we have stayed in within the UK. The suites are very spacious and clean, but what make your stay complete is the friendly staff. They are willing to do anything to make your stay an enjoyable one. We are looking forward to staying at the Suties in February 2014 when we return for our Friends Wedding which is being held at the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Michael C, Director of Sales at Suites Hotel Knowsley, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review and also for giving us such excellent scores.

It is always very encouraging for the team when we recieve feedback and scores as high as this.

We hope that you will visit us again soon

Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

No hot water supply for the shower.
Breakfast was quite good.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review.

We can only apologise. We did have a problem with our boiler over the weekend. The fault was reported at 10.30pm and the situation was rectified within a few hours.

We apologise for any inconveniene this caused you. As you will appreciate, sometimes mechanical failures happen and they are beyond our control. However, we have a dedicated team who move swiftly to rectify the situation as quickly as possible.

We hope this wont deter you from visiting us again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on a few occasions now for both business and pleasure, with every experience being wonderful. The facilities are fantastic. The rooms are large and always very clean, the separate work area is a blessing. The food is always of excellent quality, the best part of my stay is always the welcoming, efficient and professional staff. Nothing is ever too much trouble. This is a hotel that knows how to offer excellent customer service time and time again. I always look forward to my time spent in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Michael C, Director of Sales at Suites Hotel Knowsley, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review and also for giving us such high schores.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you continue to come back to us.

We hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the Suites Hotel in the near future.

Sales Manager

Been to Suites Hotel Knowsley? Share your experiences!