“Value for Money, Raw, Simple and very courteous” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Inchara Homestay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shimoga
Inchara Homestay
You added Inchara Homestay to your Saves list
Mandagadde Post,, Shimoga 577220, India   |
Ranked #4 of 16 Shimoga B&B and Inns
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Value for Money, Raw, Simple and very courteous”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I with my family stayed here for 4 days. This was our first stay in Inchara. Beginning with Mr & Mrs. Ramesh to Sujatha and Susheela, they are very courteous. We liked the stay there and planning to visit as and when we go. There is ample space for parking the vehicles for guests.

My daughter enjoyed the stay there playing with kittens, Badminton, Cards, table tennis and took photographs as many as she needed. Sport items are available there for the guests to make use of them. Couple of swings tied to the tree are also there.

Food was good & tasty. Specially, Akki Roti, Mango Chatney (Sweet), Kadabu, Neer Dosa and of-course Coffee and Tea. Unfortunately, we (My family and I) don't eat Garlic which was the most difficult times we had during Lunch and Dinner. However, Sujatha and Susheela were very co-operative and changed the method of cooking when we said, we don't.

The entire team was good to us throughout our stay and available all the time. Their treatment to the guest is appreciable. Mr.Ramesh shared his future plan of constructing swimming pool which is a good thought and hopefully he will speed up the plan before our next visit. The only problem there is that of Electricity. My suggestions to Mr.Ramesh is that to think of this very seriously and have the best alternative.

Also, if Television is made available in each cottage, then it will add to the existing comfort reason being as of now there is one TV which needs to be shared and may be disturbing to the other guests staying around the place where this is installed.

Room Tip: Corner suites are the best.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I zeroed on Inchara after a lot of googling and my first hand experience with Mr.Ramesh on phone was good enough to know that we were in good hands. The place is rustic and raw. nature at its best. It is a 15 acre estate plantation of arcaenut, Mango, jackfruit and a milion variety of flowers. The weekend was a family outing of 5 members, my parents, sister, husband and I.

We had booked 2 rooms and they were super clean. The food was homely and delicious. Mr & Mrs. Ramesh were always there to help. I have to specially mention the staff Sujatha and Susheela who cooked for us and cared for us. Extremely helpful staff and very courteous.

There are so many places to see around and so many activities to do inside the estate but i just chose to relax on the jhoola and hammoks :) I recommend this place to everyone. Truly worth every penny.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the main house are the best though all the rooms are good
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I travelled alone to Shimoga for a weekend and this stay proved to be the best choice for a holiday. The property is set amidst plantations and forests with its own little streams, ponds and arches. Gorgeous cottages with all amenities, very reasonable tariff and home cooked meals add to its charm. Since I was a solo woman traveller, I could also arrange for a convenient and trusted cab service to see attractions in and around Shimoga and Sagar. The owners and staff are extremely caring, polite and the service is great. This place is ideal for nature lovers, wilderness photography and leisure tourist travel for groups of friends/colleagues. I shall definitely be heading back there as soon as I get time on my hands!

Room Tip: Depending upon the number of people, you can choose between larger rooms with more beds or quaint on...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Inchara Homestay? Share your experiences!