I'm rating this as poor just for the trouble we had to go through getting several things fixed in a day's stay at Royal orchid last week. I recommend every traveler to check electrical connections while they check-in to the room. Here are few things I found:
- The light switches don't work
- The Master switch doesn't work
- The AC control is very crazy. You'll need assistance to operate it
- Hair dryer doesn't work and not easy to use also
As expected in any 4 or 5 star hotel, the rates are high for the food items in the room. A 5 rupee Kurkure packet would cost Rs.15 + taxes. Drinks bottle are present in the room. If you have children keep them away from those items
The restaurant mostly has non-veg food and priced very high. The taste is worst. Even a road side shop would make the same dish better. Rotis are very hard. The curry has no taste and not cooked well.
We ordered Methi Roti and what we got was plain Roti with Methi powder sprinkled on top of that :)
Location: Its located in a busy road at the center of Shimoga. No malls or good shops near by.
GOOD THINGS: There are few good things about this hotel that doesn't standout due to other problems:
- The bathroom fittings are nice
- Bed and cushioning is nice
- Breakfast was ok
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Royal Orchid Central, Shimoga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Orchid Central, Shimoga Karnataka