the resort is at a very good spot, right beside the kali river.
the reviews i read here were glorifying and i guess that lead me to have very high expectations from this place.
staff was very courteous and helpful. food is one of the best i have tasted in resorts.its like home food.
accommodation: river-view tents were good but dont expect too much of a view as there are a lotta trees infront of the tents and you can hardly see the river. but the ambience is still worth the stay. rooms are very clean and they have hot water too.There are a coupla cats and a few monkeys in this resort which can be a little irritating.
- bird watching and nature walks were very good.
- safari was a let down as we dint see any animals. the view-point during safari is beautiful.dont miss it.
- natural jacuzzi is good too. you need to get down & up 250 steps though. so take ample amount of water with you.if it rains, the rocks get very slippery and you wont be allowed to go to the actual jacuzzi spot.
- we were told, all fishing points were closed following a supreme court order that such activities were disturbing the wild life. dint make much sense but that's that.
- the resort advertises 'mountain biking' as one of the activities here. but they have just 4 bikes and all are under repair. so that's gone too.
Rafting: Off-season or no, rafting depends on when the officials release the water. apparently, if you know some authorities in the karnataka forest department, then you can get it done. the day before we went, there were some forest dept officials staying in the resort so they could get the rafting organized for them.
Camp fire every evening was good. apart from a hammock and a 'tyre swing' nothing much to entertain kids. there is no fitness centre or a spa here.
overall: good only for a relaxing trip. if you are looking for 'adventurous' then this is not the place.