Things I liked about the hotel:
1. Location: Easy to reach, near the bus stop, walkable distance from all the sightseeing destinations and shopping complexes.
2. View from the hotel: Overlooks chowgan Akhand chandi palace, and nearby mountains. The open terrace gives a beautiful view of Chamba town.
3. Services are good, takes no longer time to bring the ordered things.
4. Food was nice, especially their Shahi paneer and club sandwiches. This hotel is for vegeterians, but food is not bland and always served hot and fresh.
5. Depites other problems, they tried their level best to make our stay comfortable.
6. Not overpriced.
7. They have a nice cyber cafe with reasonable price.
8. The swing on the open terrace which I liked the most.............spent much time there.
Things they can improve:
1. Cleanliness: The carpet and curtains were not very clean, and sometimes the washrooms towels were not changed until we asked for it. Furnitures were covered with dust which made me sneeze several times.
2. We stayed in Honeymoon suite in which lace curtains are provided. Those are not enough to guard us from curious neighbors from next building...we felt quite embarassed all the time!
3. The neighbors from next building burnt firecrackers and played loud music for a long time,which irritated us a lot.............but hotel management has nothing to do about it. The hotel and the house is so close that if a person yawns also,it can be heard from the next house.
4. The restaurant guys used to come for collecting plates within 15 minutes after the food is served................people like me can't finish their meals in that short time, especially when we are not getting late for office! So guys, please have patience!
5. The hotel looked very gloomy and vacant at night, as there were not many boarders. They could close the doors of those unoccupied rooms which they didn't. One door banged at night by wind, which made me jump! Maybe because of that look, we felt scared at night.
6. The Credit card machine didn't work on the day of our check out. My advise is to carry enough cash for avoiding such circumstances.
7. Staffs could be more professional and ready to help. They lack professionalism, and never make eye contact with u..........why so? In hospitality industry it's your professionalism with a personal touch which brings business, not shaky behavior and "I don't know anything" attitude.
8. The fittings and fixtures i the rooms should be checked in regular intervals. One ac shaft fell on me as I touched it. There wee coffee makers and mini fridge in our room which were of no use and were stinking. Please put the things people use actually, not for mere display.
We also noticed there was no board or sign on the hotel which made it difficult to find. Most probably that was removed for some construction work.............once the work is over, the hotel will look great I assume. The outside look is nice, but the feeling doesn't last longer once these few things you notice which I already mentioned. I rate this hotel as 3.5 out of 5, but there is much to do.............they can improve I believe.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.