“Best moments of my life...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jamwal Villa Homestay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chamba
Jamwal Villa Homestay
You added Jamwal Villa Homestay to your Saves list
Village Kuranh | VPO Mehla, Chamba 176311, India   |
Hyderabad, India
“Best moments of my life...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I am Wildlife Research Scholar. During my Research Project in Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh, I stayed at Jamwal Villa Homestay number of times. That was the best time ever spent in my life at any villa. It is very beautiful villa at a distance of 9 kms from Chamba on Bharmour Road. Surrounded by beautiful Mountains with good number of Bird population. Every morning and evening I will go for Bird Surveys, as the Villa is situated on the Bank of Ravi. One can do wonderful observation on birds. My research was on Himalayan Grey Langurs, but I couldn’t control myself for bird surveys, as there is great diversity of birds in and around the Jamwal Villa.

There is a beautiful lush green park with water fountains. At the night time the scenario will be totally different. I don’t know how to explain, how to write the experience in words. Because it can be felt only. The best thing what I can’t forget is the food. It is really awesome. When it comes to hospitability, I have no words to write i.e. more than excellent. It is nice Destination for Bird watchers, Bird Photographers, Nature photographers and people who are Nature explorers.

Every time when I will plan for a survey, I will definitely visit Jamwal Villa Homestay. And anybody who is going to Chamba should stay at Jamwal Villa and feel the nature at the closest rather than staying in crowded Dalhouise.

I am attaching some photos clicked at Jamwal Villa Homestay

Room Tip: Both rooms are good. One have River Site View and Other is have garden view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Jammu City, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I visited this place in the month of october 2013.The stay was very comfortable.i would certainly like to visit the place again and stay for atleast a week this year. To state it in one line it was hospitality at its best at so reasonable price.

• Stayed October 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Jamwal villa is fantastic place to relax. It is located about 14kms from main city chamba near the bank of river Ravi. It is surrounded by green mountains.
Food they served is very good. Fish pond; yoga point some of the things which add to beauty of jamwal villa
I visited there with my family. We got all the facilities at a reasonable price. I m attaching sum of the pics. I recommend every one to do visit jamwal villa
Cheers to jamwal villa

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jammu City, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Last October, I was planning a trip with my family in north India. I shortlisted Chamba as I am a kind of person who likes peaceful/virgin away from crowd places. One of my friend had seen Jamwal Villa's reviews on Trip Advisor and recommended it to me. I did an advance booking for a night. I along with my family reached Jamwal Villa in the evening, and by the time we reached, everything was ready and in order. I still remember the cool breeze on the bank of river Raavi enjoying campfire. The campfire chicken is a must have in that silent and cool place. We had total fun that evening. Around 10 PM, we went to dining area for dinner, where we were served local cuisine like Khatta Meat (Jamwal Villa speciality), Rajma Mandra and followed by biscuit custard (very delicious). This place also serves farm fresh seasonal vegetables and fruits.
Jamwal Villa is beautifully crafted having a sparkling lawn with Himalayan evergreen trees, flowers, grass and even birds. There is an outdoor fountain which is a treat to watch. The fountain comes to its true glory under lights. Around 12:00 in the night we went to bed. The rooms are fully furnished with carpet on the floor and with TV and Internet facility. The attached bathrooms were antique in their own. The Himalayan rocks directly land into bathrooms giving it an artistic look. The bathrooms has hot water facility which is a necessity in a cold place like this. In the morning we went out to river side for photography. The place is quite scenic. Around 9:00 AM, we came back, got ourselves ready and went for breakfast. We were again served with local cuisines like stuffed babroo which is a must eat. After breakfast we left for our next destination, which was Holi valley.
Before going to Jamwal Villa, I searched for places in and around Jamwal Villa and the list was Khajjiar, Dalhousie, Jhumar, Kala Top etc. But after discussing with Manish (host) we decided to goto Holi valley. The host actually planned a trekking trip for us there in Holi with a local guide. This trip was simply mind blowing as the place is very nice and ample oppurtunities for adventure activities.
Overall Jamwal Villa is a very very nice place and I am going to visit again this April. I am going to stay there for at least a week which I am regretting this time (I only stayed for a day this time). I can guarantee you cannot find a better place and such a nice host in whole Chamba circuit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

This was our first trip to Chamba in Himachal Pradesh. After doing my bit of research, I decided to stay at Jamwal Villa Homestay. Connected with Manish (the owner) through email and fixed the deal for 3N/4D. On arrival, we were received by Manish. Due to some reason, there was no electricity for the first 2 days of our stay, however, Manish ensured that we were provided with hot water, portable lights etc. Service is prompt, thanks to Prem and Manoj. The Jamwal family is very cordial. Manish's mother and wife cook tasty traditional food. Gajar ka halwa was simply yummy. We really enjoyed our trip to Chamba.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Jamwal homestay is a perfect spot to spend some quality time with your friends and family. Recently i planed a trip to himachal with my colleagues and collage friends. We decided to stay at jamwal villa and believe me this was the best decision we took on the trip :) :) .
Jamwal villa is located on bank of river "Ravi", it is a very very beautiful house, i loved the "yoga point" where we spend hours, revising my "school chapters" with friends :P. We had some drinks on the river side with bone fire around us, it was too awesome.

Our initial plan was to roam around chamba and than move to dalhousie, but the owner "Mr Manish Jamwal" introduced us some very beautiful places like bharmour, holi and the 6 km tracking to old kailash was a life time experience.They are very beautiful places which are not lime lighted till now (dont know why).

I am a foodie and i loved the food at jamwal villa.Foil chicken,tabak maas, khatta meat, sarso ka saag & makke ki roti was very very good.

I will definitely visit "Jamwal villa" again with my family.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Taking a break from our metro life we spent four days at Jamwal Villa and after returning we are just waiting to go back again! This quiet place is about 10 kms away from Chamba town, off Chamba-Bharmour road, on the side of river Ravi, with green mountains on all sides. You can simply sit at "Yoga Point" for hours and watch the moving stream of Ravi flowing below or look at the still mountains. A small walk downhill and you can have a splash in the river. The garden at Jamwal Villa is full of fruit-bearing plants/trees (guava, peer, plum, grapes, lemon), vegetables (cabbage, radish, mustard, kohlrabi, capsicum, chili) and a lot of flowers. The food at Jamwal Villa is another high-point of our stay. We had requested for local cuisine and Manish's mother took the pain to offer us several such dishes and each one was simply excellent (I personally liked Rajma Madra). The rooms are simple, comfortable and clean. Manish and his wife took time to tell us about Chamba's rich history, culture and folklore. Manish also helped organize our pickup/drop and travel around Chamba and Mcleodganj with very reliable drivers. If you want a less-touristy, peaceful break in the hills with friendly hosts, you should explore Chamba district and Jamwal Homestay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Jamwal Villa Homestay? Share your experiences!