“Great location, terrible service.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Camino Real Monterrey

You added Camino Real Monterrey to your Saves list
Camino Real Monterrey
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Diego Rivera 2492, Col. Valle Oriente, San Pedro Garza Garcia, Monterrey 66200, Mexico   |
“Great location, terrible service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Clearly something has happend with the management of this hotel in particular. I used to stay here and appreciate the hospitality of once this great hotel, but this time around rhings were very different for me and my guests, which occupied 24 rooms in one night, and 12 the next one.

Service Issues: The agent in charged of the event I booked never contacted us to let us know about the Rooming List of our event. When we asked in person the day before, they were jot able to provide it. They provided it al last 3 days afterwards. Needless to say, when I called severl times to see how the rooming list was going, I never seemed to reach the right person. I will not only refrain from recommending booking an event of any sort in this hotel, but I will openly NOT recommend it.

Infrastructure Issues: Water was not available in the facilities for some time in the bedrooms. Water was not available in the gym, and wifi is outrageously expensive.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I had an opportunity to stay at the Camino Real Hotel, I was impressed with the modern rooms and amenities, it was comfortable and close by to a Starbucks and mall with plenty of Restaurants and other shops. I felt safe and was told by our hosts that the hotel has good security features and is in an area of the city they is less prone to crime and other issues which have plagued the city for the past few years.

Stayed May 2013
Laredo, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

What a nightmare. your Monterrey hotel should be call the BATES MOTEL. My wife and I arrived on Friday 08/02 only to find no one at the door, we drove from Laredo so we needed someone to help us with the bags and park the car. Once I went inside to get someone to help we walked in , only one person on a desk doing a check in, on an other desk ANGELA who very rudely told us she was out for the day, I got to the room I called the from desk,ALMA told me your manager MUñOS was out for lunch from 2 to 4 and the other managers also out for lunch at the same time no managers available, I asked to have one of them call me, after 3 days at your hotel the manager never call.. On Sunday we ask for towels, they never arrived even after 2 calls. just a terrible service, will never stay at any camino real again

Room Tip: If you want a good room go to an other hotel, do not stay at the Camino Real
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these San Pedro Garza Garcia hotels

Mexico City, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel chain is the one I would never have chosen but I had to stay in this hotel this time. What a surprise mattress of horrible us always!!! But the worst of all a cockroach on the floor! terrible terrible terrible hotel

• Stayed August 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

A clean and luxurious hotel with good facilities. As other reviewers have said, a great breakfast and close to shops and bars...

All staff are very attentive and I would certainly stay here again in future trips and recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Boryspil, Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Huge rooms especially comparing to European ones however finishing is a bit old. Good wifi signal all over. Excellent service as in most Mexican places. There is a shopping mall in 5 min walking distance with several very good restaurants on the terrace.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is really a beautiful hotel with very good service. It is located conveniently adjacent to a very large shopping plaza whic has reataurants, cafes, bar scenes and fast food court.
The breakfast in the restaurant is quite complete. However, this restaurant has the lousiest coffee I have ever tasted. I reported it to the waiters. The second day, I walked to Starbucks just a spit distance away to bring my coffee to the restaurant to enjoy with the otherwise nice breakfast. The choice of music they play in the mrning is also quite questionnable: dance music from the 70s and 80s at 8 in the morning and quite loud too! Not for me.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Camino Real Monterrey? Share your experiences!