TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

Review of Presidente Inter-Continental Monterrey

Save Saved
You added Presidente Inter-Continental Monterrey to your Saves list
Presidente Inter-Continental Monterrey
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jose Vasconcelos 300 Oriente, San Pedro Garza Garcia 66260, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Location but check your bill closely”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel numerous times but in this occasion I was charged a night when doing my reservation. When I checked out that charge was not considered. A few weeks later and numerous calls I still don't have an answer to my request of reimbursement. The hotel I good in general but they don't have a clue what to do with this kind of situations. I would stay again if I don't have to pay in advance otherwise I would stay at another hotel being good choices in that area of Monterrey.

• Stayed August 2013
ARMANDO G, General Manager at Presidente Inter-Continental Monterrey, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for contacting TRIPADVISOR regarding your experience during your recent stay at our hotel.

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to my attention and apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to resolving this bill issue.

I appreciate if you can send me a copy of your bill or your name and e mail to armando.garcia@hotelesmilenium.com, in order to solve this situation asap.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us.

We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Presidente InterContinental Monterrey for your future travel needs.

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Chino Hills, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I have my shares of intercontinental hotels, this one by far is the most dated one. Shower head weak., dated carpet,.smelly AC, a mini bar that can't fully open. The porter r friendly but reception really needs to show some appreciation ( I am platinum elite member..) no welcome , no chocolate , no welcome at all like I experienced in other hotels..there is many choices in the area.. I think I will try else where next time

• Stayed September 2013
ARMANDO G, General Manager at Presidente Inter-Continental Monterrey, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for contacting TRIPADVISER regarding your experience during your recent stay at Presidente InterContinental Monterrey.
I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to my attention and apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to lack of recognition to as an IHG Club Reward Platinum Member.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Presidnete InterContinetal Monterrey for your future travel needs.

Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stay here usually for 1-2 nights when I'm in Monterrey on business. It aspires to being a prestigious five-star hotel, and it probably was some years ago. It's looking a little tired these days. I believe the rooms are gradually being remodelled. Mine (number 214 overlooking the garden and pool area, which is the best side to be on) was spacious and comfortable. The bedding is excellent with lots of soft, natural pillows. That they get right. The work area is efficient and comfortable. The staff at reception are very polite and friendly. Their big area of opportunity is in the kitchen. I ordered a fish fillet for dinner (robalo) which was old and not well cooked. The pasta is better. Buffet breakfasts are very good. They aspire to being a 5-star hotel and yet guests have to pay for bottled water in the room (still not advisable to drink the water from the tap in the room), and they also charge you for the in-room coffee service. This detracts from trying to be both prestiguous and five-star. I would recommend the hotel, but don´t think you'll be pampered with luxury and details. You'll pay five-star prices, without the feeling of a five-star experience.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the garden and pool area.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ARMANDO G, General Manager at Presidente Inter-Continental Monterrey, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for contacting the Presidente InterContinental Monterrey regarding your experience during your recent stay. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to my attention and apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced with the way your meals were cooked.
I appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve at this moment the rooms are on a renovation program and I hope you can stay in one of this rooms in your next visit.
Tampico, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The facilities and equipment look old, but are clean and useful. The location is great if you´re around the financial and corporate offices, not for the industrial facilities of Monterrey companies.
The food is average and expensive, at least for room service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
ARMANDO G, General Manager at Presidente Inter-Continental Monterrey, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Presidente InterContinental Monterrey. Also I am very pleased to infrom you that our room renovation programe already started last April. Be sure that I will look for the room service meal quality.
Once again thank you for your feedback and hope to welcome you at Presidente InterContinental in a near future,
Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed only one night on a business trip, the hotel is not new but it is well maintained as there were only smoking rooms decided to take a room in the Executive Floor.

Since we arrived Check In can't be maid in the Front Desk so you have to do it in the Executive Floor, Bell Boy's job was to call the elevator I only take a small suitcase but he never offered help.

Executive floor has some water and fruits so you can take it to the room, some minor issues with may card made the check in to take longer than expected.

Good Room with a King Size bed and a nice view to the pool. Enough power outlets to plug all devices. Shower was difficult to operate as it was jammed.

Had breakfast at Executive Floor, dishes were Ok a little bit cold for me. Didn't have a lot of things, very small "buffet".

My overall experience is good but will not be my first choice on my next trips.

Room Tip: Executive Floor may be a good option there's not a big difference in price.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
ARMANDO G, Director General at Presidente Inter-Continental Monterrey, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for contacting Trip Advisor regarding your experience during your recent stay at the Presidente InterContinental Monterrey.

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to my attention and apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to Guest Service mainly bellman and the variety at meals served at the Club InterContinental.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Presidente InterContinental for your future travel needs.

Armando García
Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was there yesterday room 835.

First they gave me and UPGRADE to OLD room.
The Internet never work and they charge me 10 times 110 pesos plus iva.
Poorly maintained premises.

Never go there. its a shame.. I move to another hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
ARMANDO G, General Manager at Presidente Inter-Continental Monterrey, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Presidente InterContinental Monterrey.

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to my attention and apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to rooms update.
It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. At this moment we started with a room renovation, and two of nine levels are renovated at this time.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose InterContinental for your future travel needs.

Travelers are raving about these San Pedro Garza Garcia hotels

Brazil
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Its glory days are over, but it is still a decent choice in Monterrey. Good location, next to a shopping mall and not far from Calzada San Pedro. Easy access to business sectors of the city. Don't expect much from the rooms - they are worn out, with old equipment and a gloomy look. Good enough for a couple of days, though. The gym feels like a sauna - no air conditioning, no ventilation. The indoor pool is nice. The restaurant is just average; go elsewhere, the shopping mall has several good choices. Internet service is reasonable. True, you can find more modern, better choices in Monterrey, but if you are visiting close to the hotel, it's a decent choice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ARMANDO G, General Manager at Presidente Inter-Continental Monterrey, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for contacting the Presidente InterContinental regarding your experience during your recent stay.
I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter regarding the hotel´s appareance with the years.
It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and that´s the reason we started with a room renovation last April.
The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions.
Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us.
Hope to welcome you back in a near future,
Armando García

Been to Presidente Inter-Continental Monterrey? Share your experiences!