“Comfortable Stay - Business Trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Antarisuite Valle

You added Antarisuite Valle to your Saves list
Antarisuite Valle
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rio Danubio 400 ote, San Pedro Garza Garcia, Monterrey 66220, Mexico   |
Brooklyn, New York
“Comfortable Stay - Business Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is my second stay in Monterrey. The location of this hotel was great. From the moment my taxi pulled up to this property, I was greeted by a friendly bellhop, and was escorted through the beautiful and quiet lobby for check-in. My whole (but short) stay was very quiet and felt very private. Everything seems to be renovated/updated. I had drinks in the evening in the restaurant, and breakfast in the morning. Both times service was helpful, but slow. The wait staff didn't speak a lot of English, so I was thankful for my fluent friends to help me communicate. My room was nice and very clean. The bed was kind of short...I'm 5'5" and my feet hung off the edge when I stretched out. Water pressure in the shower was a little low, but temperature was good. I didn't get a chance to use the gym or pool, but the pool and jaccuzzi looked very nice, clean, private, and was outdoor. The gym was small, had an elliptical and treadmill, and adjustable dumbells. No stationary bicycle. Overall, it was a pleasant stay. The staff was willing to help (my room key stopped working once and they fixed it right away with no problem). Check in and check out was smooth. The area is nice - walkable (just be careful crossing the busy street!) to Plaza 401 with a Starbucks, some shopping, and many good restaurants with great views of the mountains. There is also a trail in between the highway lanes that looks nice and has a lot of people taking walks or jogs at most times of the day!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Ciudad de mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Location is excellent. Suites are ok for the price. Amenities as soap and shampoo are below average. The restaurant is forgettable, ultra slow, with many better options nearby. For business is ok even when wi-fi is not so good. Rooms are large and comfortable . It's been renewed so looks good.
Not a large luxury hotel, but a small good one. For tourism? Is anyone doing tourism in monterrey at all? Really? Why? Please explain me a single thing to see in town.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

It is awesomely located in a city in which security is very high and resembles to some extent cities in the US. There are restaurants, bars and shopping areas close by. Lovely place, very private and oh did I rest. Completely recommended.

• Stayed November 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2003

I stayed at the Antaris Suites from November 17 - 21, 2003. The positives - the rooms were very large and clean. The rooms had a living area with sofa, chair and TV. Also a refrigerator, microwave and coffee-maker. Bedrooms were large with another TV, bed was very comfortable to me. VERY limited American TV channels (maybe 3). Rooms had ironing board, had to ask for an iron. No alarm clocks, had to get wake-up calls, which were usually 2 automated followed by one manual call from the desk (but don't count on the 3rd call, it did not come every day). Air conditioner was an under-the-window unit, VERY LOUD.
The bellmen however spoke excellent English and were about the best thing about this hotel, very friendly. One of these gentlemen even went to a local store to pick up a few small items for a fellow traveller and me, such as bottled water. The hotel charged too much for it and the bellmen knew it. Now the negatives - My first disappointment was that the front desk staff seemed to have much difficulty with English.
This made it difficult for me because I speak very little Spanish. The restaurant staff spoke not one word of English. The hotel "bar" was a bar with no wait staff (which closed at 11 PM, same as the Restaurant).
One had to go to the restaurant and ask for service. After bringing a drink, the wait staff again became invisible. Hotel guests cannot make anything but LOCAL calls from the phones in the rooms. This presented some problems. There were Telmex payphones in the lobby, but this was also done with much difficulty if the traveller did not have a Telmex prepaid phone card. Overall, clean, nice hotel, including the rooms, but because of the many inconveniences, I will make an effort not to stay there again. Holiday Inn Fundadora is much better.

GciaAntarisGalerias, Gerente at Antarisuite Valle, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Thanks for your time in writing your point of view about our hotel services and its staff. First of all, I'd like to inform you that we still have the big rooms but now just remodeled. Nowadays we do have many English TV channels in our flat plasma tv's, and the air conditioning in the whole building is brand new, no noise at all. In the given case you need an iron, every rooms has one available. For long distance or local calls you can do it by yourself from your room. Every day we put a bottle of purified water, if it is used up we can give another free one. Our front desk employees speak fluent English as well as the bellman. Please, give us an opportunity to serve you again, it'll be a pleasure to have your presence with us. We will make the best for you to make a nice and pleasent stay. We are located in Colonia Del Valle, and I think your comments are about the other hotel of the same brand (we do have three hotels with same name). Anyway, we invite you to visit us in your next stay. Truly Yours,
Ludivina Saldívar

Been to Antarisuite Valle? Share your experiences!