We stayed in a standard studio, king bed. Room size was good with a small lounge area, small kitchenette and a desk with built in power board etc. As with many hotels in Australia wifi is not free in your room - this is a trend in Oz that has to change. You can get 30 min free wifi per 24 hr period in the lobby. All rooms in the Novotel have very nice views of the valley and all the upper rooms have balconies. Our room at least was very clean, some other reviewers have stated the opposite. They are currently refurbishing, we had a room with a new bathroom which was excellent. Refurbishing during the day does generate noise but there is no noise after about 5pm. Our room rate was very inexpensive being ACCOR members, this may not be the case for everyone as I have seen some pretty high tariffs quoted in other reviews. The refurbishing may also have influenced the rate.
Gripes about the room as per some other reviewers is the senselessly small size of the fridge and no freezer - this is a wine region for goodness sake! Additionally no doona cover - very odd.
Bar and restaurant are very good - see my other review. Pool is nice, large and plenty of shade and sun loungers (at least when the hotel is 1/2 full mid-week). There is a golf course & tennis court. The kids get a playground and this combined with the pool may make the Novotel a sensible choice if you had children in tow.
Staff are friendly and helpful.
Hotel is in a good location for Barossa towns and vineyards.
We would stay again - particularly given the very low tariff paid $119 per night.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Barossa Valley Hotel Rowland Flat
- Novotel Rowland Flat
- Novotel Barossa Valley Hotel
- Novotel Tanunda
- Tanunda Novotel
- Novotel Barossa Valley Resort Australia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the picturesque Barossa Valley wine region, Novotel Barossa Valley Resort is just a 55 minute drive from Adelaide. Surrounded by world-famous wineries, the resort offers a multitude of features: enjoy a game of golf at Tanunda Pines Golf Course or a treatment at Endota Spa. The resort features 140 rooms with private balconies and kitchenette facilities. It also boasts an award-winning restaurant, tasting room, heated outdoor pool, tennis courts, gymnasium, an 18-hole golf course and refurbished conference facilities for up to 250 delegates. Novotel Barossa Valley Resort is a non-smoking resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Tingo, ACCOR, HotelTravel.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Novotel Barossa Valley Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.