My husband and I had a one night stop over at the Grand Mecure Twin Waters in March the year. We stayed in a Studio room which was quite enough for our needs, one observation was each site had an A & B unit however there was only one park per unit number (i.e. 29A & 29B one car park) so its first in first serve and its not clear where else you can park so during a busy period this may be an issue.
There is certain facilities at the Grand Mecure however the Novotel resort is only about a 5 -10 min walk and the lake and other facilities here are available for use, just be aware that there could be a fee to use. I would suggest this resort is very family friendly so as an older couple we would not visit during the holidays
There is a lovely restaurant (Nouveau) which overs a lovely themed buffet which in comparison to other buffets we have been to is good value however could be a little expensive for a family. There is also a little cafe and the Aqua restaurant that caters for the more casual diner.
The resort is a little isolated so you definitely need a car to get around although the beach is a short 10 min walk across the dunes, which during Summer would be a lovely alternative to the Lake and pools.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Apartments Twin Waters is a collection of 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom self-contained beach houses, and apartments situated in an exclusive gated precinct, bordered by the Mudjimba patrolled surf beach, the Maroochy River and a private man-made swimming lagoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, Agoda, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Grand Mercure Apartments Twin Waters reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure North Shore Twin Waters Apartments Hotel Mudjimba
- Grand Mercure Apartments Twin Waters Sunshine Coast, South Pacific - Mudjimba