“Definitely gone downhill, gorgeous grounds with tired accomodation and facilities.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Twin Waters Resort

You added Novotel Twin Waters Resort to your Saves list
Novotel Twin Waters Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Ocean Dr, Mudjimba, Queensland 4564, Australia   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mudjimba
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Loved the grounds of this resort, gorgeous man made lake, lovely walking path and easy access to an awesome beach.
Was disappointed in the accommodation, it was tired and lacked some of the comforts of an international resort, notably a lack of wireless internet to the room. Room cleanliness left a lot to be desired as did maintenance issues. Cigarette butts along pathways, in the lawns and sand etc; As a travelling consumer I really don't care how busy you have been, if your staff can't cope, then bring in extra staff and do the job properly.
Dining in the restaurant was expensive and one look at the buffet had us scurrying up the road to a local café. Who doesn't offer a continental breakfast option at a cheaper rate than a buffet?
The café on the premises had limited options for fresh food and very limited hours. The bar use to have an awesome drinks menu in the bar, but even that has been cut back. Tired, run down and lacking the class it once was renowned for. All up a disappointing stay at what was once a stunning resort.

Room Tip: Lagoon views are always the best bet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
GMtwinwaters, General Manager at Novotel Twin Waters Resort, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Eden X,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

It is disappointing that you did not enjoy your stay with us on this occasion.

Please be assured that all constructive feedback such as yours is shared directly with our senior Management team to ensure where needed immediate corrections are made to ensure that our product exceeds our guest expectations.

I note you enjoyed you the overall resort grounds and our Lagoon which is pleasing.

Again Eden X, I appreciate you sharing your feedback, and it is my hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Indonesian first
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

There are some good points about this resort like friendly staff (e.g. the guy who greets you when you first arrive in the driveway), all the activities that are on offer and nice little bonuses like coffee vouchers. However, there were a number of bad points about our stay that have left me pretty confident in saying I would never book here again.

We chose this resort in the hope that it would be nice and relaxing and we wouldn't have to leave the grounds. When we arrived (and they let us check-in early which was pretty great) we had lunch at the Aqua Lounge+Bar. The food was greasy, poor-quality and way over-priced. We weren't interested in the seafood buffet being served that night at Nouveau Restaurant, so we ended up driving to Coolum and having a fantastic dinner at Coolum Thai Spice.

The pool is woefully inadequate for the size of the resort. I would be surprised if the resort was even at 50% capacity, but the pool was always packed out with young kids. You were always bumping in to people so we actually ended up leaving the resort again and going to swim in the nearby beach. While they do have the giant lagoon available for swimming I didn't think it was very pleasant, and given how few people were ever in it I would say I'm not alone in thinking that.

There were also several things with our room that I found very annoying. There were two chairs, but no table on our balcony. About only 80% of the rooms seemed to have outdoor tables for no discernible reason, which is totally ridiculous for a resort where it is all about sitting outside and enjoying the view. The TV in our room was about the size of a postage stamp, however I will concede that TV shouldn't be a priority in a place like this. The tap in our bathroom was missing the aerator bit that goes on the end, which meant that the water shot out like a jet. Sleeping was unpleasant partly due to the incredibly noisy air conditioner that sounds like it is right on top of your bed, and the ridiculously bright light straight outside our front door that basically lit up the whole unit all night.

Breakfast in the morning was pretty good, but I'm glad we got there early because there was a big queue when we left. Like the pool, it just doesn't seem like this place would be big enough to actually cope with demand when the resort is at full capacity.

I'm not usually a whinger when it comes to hotels, and normally don't care about little issues like the ones I listed with our room, but for the $250 a night price tag I feel like they're a bit more inexcusable.

Room Tip: It's worth the extra $25 for a lagoon view room, the 'garden' view is pretty shocking.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
GMtwinwaters, General Manager at Novotel Twin Waters Resort, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear GemmaKLarsen,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback in regards to your recent stay with us.

It is always pleasing to receive feedback from our local guest however it is disappointing that there were some areas of your stay that you dint enjoy.

I note that the Resort was at 100% occupancy during your one night stay with us this past Saturday with a large number of families at the resort enjoying the continued fantastic weather on the Sunshine coast, you are correct that we are lucky enough to have the pool, Lagoon and ocean at the resort doorstep to ensure that all of our guest are catered for in the Water Activities Area.

I was surprised by your comment in regards to your room not having a table on the balcony, on personal inspection you are correct that there is no table partnering your chairs on the balcony, please accept my sincere apologies as this is not standard for the hotel set up. Please be assured that this has now been rectified.

Again GemmaKLarsen, I appreciate you sharing your concerns and feedback, and it is my hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

A great family resort. The accommodation is at the lower end of the 4 star range but the family activities around and on the lake, and the service, are 5 star. As a couple I wouldn't say it is a romantic escape, but it does have everything we needed (acceptable room, view over the huge lake, lounges around the lake, swimming pool, short walk to the beach, restaurants, coffee shop, general store). Regarding the pool, we didn't use it because there was so many families and children and you could smell the chlorine as you approached. Perfect for young families.

SSI (sleep, shower index) is 6.5. The bed was good, block out blinds great, general external noise low (but we could here a number of families below partying on), but shower pressure was very poor although there was plenty of hot water.

We had many examples of fantastic service from our check in to check out. We couldn't get a late check our but they offered us, once out of our room, to stay around and use the facilities and then use their courtesy lounge to freshen up before leaving. One of many great services.

One painful thing was the high pressure Accor Holiday Club. Once checked in you are asked to go to the holiday club counter to get a "welcome pack". The women was very nice but we were never going to get away from her without giving some of our time to go through a high pressure sales presentation. I recommend not going to the counter. The "free" coffee voucher they give you is not "free", it costs you an enormous amount of time and/or money. Once checked in just go straight to your room.

We had a nice first floor room with a view but you have to take your own luggage to your room and there is not a lift. Pack light and in several smaller cases.

The room was air-conditioned and had everything you need. There is no mini bar but there is a fridge and a general store onsite. In a world of large TV screens the miniature flat screen in the room doesn't cut it any more. A clear oversight is that on the same light switch for the ensuite is a room light, so if someone is in the ensuite while someone is still in bed, ........both will obviously be awake.

Overall a great young family holiday spot

• Stayed February 2014
Dear SaleenXTRM,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I note you enjoyed your overall stay with us and thank you for your very positive comments in regards to the fantastic service you received during your stay.

You are correct in saying that we are a fantastic destination for both younger and older families with a huge variety of Activities for all guests to enjoy.

The team looks forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Burleigh Heads, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We have been coming here from the Gold Coast for many years (since our 22 year old was very little). Sadly the resort seems to deteriorate each time.

The pool bar is only open during school holidays and the main bar does not open until 3 pm. Not acceptable for a resort. I know you can order drinks from the restaurant but we like to sit and relax in the bar to enjoy the atmosphere.

It is sad that guests must now wear wrist bands. A sign of the times I guess. I think that all the houses on the other side of the lake make the resort feel 'closed in'. How we loved the feeling in the past that you were 'away from it all'.

The food is poor quality for a Novatel but other than Lily's on the Lagoon, it has always been more a Sizzler quality than a resort standard.

Would we stay again? No, but thank you for the memories of times past.

I think that there are so many other lovely options on the Sunshine Coast for families (for example the Islander Resort in Noosaville) and for couples.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
GMtwinwaters, General Manager at Novotel Twin Waters Resort, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Spunkybabe,

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay with us and thank yo for being a valued return guest.

I am disappointed that it appears that you did not enjoy your stay on this visit to us.

You are correct that outside peak holiday period and in line with business needs in the resort that hours of operation are amended accordingly however as you have commented that we do have options for our guests in regards to Food and Beverage during these periods. My sincere apologies for the impact this may have had on you stay with us.

You are also correct that house guest are issued wrist bands upon check i as it allows us to ensure that our house guest who have paid for the privilege to use the fantastic water equipment, pool and activities are recognised as such, again we have received fantastic feedback in regards to this from our return guests since introduction.

I note you personal feelings in regards to the Grand Mercure apartments that are located across the resort lagoon, I have not received this feedback previously however again my apologies for this impacting on your stay.

Again spunky babe, It is disappointing that you may choose not to return to the resort however I appreciate you sharing your feedback and it is my hope that we do have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Travelled to Novotel Twin Waters in January looking for a relaxing family holiday. Although the room was small we were very rarely there and enjoyed a fabulous 8 nights there. Buffet breakfast is fantastic. Evening buffet meals were a little expensive but enjoyed eating from the bar and its a quick drive to many local restaurants. Catamarans and kayaks in great condition for a resort and jumping trampoline a big hit with kids and adults who like to be kids. Some people comment that you have to wear lifejackets but I completely get it - just wear them, that's the rules! All in all had a great time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Tamy212,

Thank you for sharing such a great review from your recent stay with us, i note you were with us for an eight night stay.

I am pleased that you enjoyed all the resort has to offer, and I look forward to sharing your feedback with the resort team.

The Novotel Twin Waters Team look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay with us.

Been to Novotel Twin Waters Resort? Share your experiences!