“Dirty30 at Twin Waters” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mudjimba
Coomera, Australia
“Dirty30 at Twin Waters”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The room was dusty, the floor was gritty and the sheets were smelly. The reception area was beautiful and the staff were really nice. Overall, I felt that the room wasn't worth anywhere near what I paid for it - but I also didn't have a chance to use any of the hotel services as my trip was only overnight.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

TwinWaters, Manager at Novotel Twin Waters Resort, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Hello Starpo

I was disappointed to learn of impression our resort created. Please accept my sincere apologies for shortcomings you experienced.

We are extremely disappointed you didn't get to use our facility's as this is what our guests rate as our top feature! next time...

We hope to see you and/or any of your friends and family in the near future.

Thank you again and all the best in the meantime!

Novotel Twin Waters Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Indonesian first
Mackay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Had 5 nights at Twin Waters with my husband and enjoyed every minute of it. Our room was pleasant with a balcony overlooking the garden. (The gardens and lawn areas are very well cared for.) The variety of food on offer in the Restaurant was excellent and well presented. The staff were all helpful, friendly and professional. The Resort setting is thoughtful, with lots of native trees retained between the accommodation wings. There are lots of walking paths and it is in close proximity to the surfing beach - although the beach was closed when we were there due to erosion. Lovely pool area - safe for kids. It's not far to other places of interest on the coast if you need to explore further a-field. Relax and enjoy!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Although it was just a quick stay, the facilities were great and gardens and surrounds beautifully kept.

Thank you. Wonderful to see kangaroos roaming freely on the grass and there were plenty of recliners at various places to relax and enjoy the view.

Hi Kathryn1957

We are very pleased you enjoyed your short break. How great is the wildlife in the resort!

Hope to see you here at the resort again soon

Hervey Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

When we arrived at our room there was not enough sugar, a little dusty and phone didn't work. Did not like the noisy Air Con and the fact that we could not climate control. The bed was a little too soft but could learn to live with it.

Bedding seemed to be possibly gritty.

Our stay was pleasant because the staff do a great job and even more than expected on this occasion with the maintenance guy who got me what I needed.

I still go to this resort as it is a good location, food is good and pleasant staff. A little pricy for food but quality has always seemed to be the character we look forward to when we stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear DannyEHerveyBay

Thank you Danny for taking the time to review your recent family break at the Novotel Twin Waters Resort.

The maintenance and facilities in the room should all be in working order and are checked regularly however we do appreciate guests providing us with details on issues they may find in their room so that we can ensure they are fixed while they are at the Resort.

I've also passed on your information to the Exec Housekeeper to follow up about the cleanliness etc

We are always seeking feedback from our guests so that we can improve services and standards and address issues as they arise. Thank you for your feedback, we hope that we are able to prove to you in the future that this was a one off experience.

Queensland, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I took my mum there for 3 nights. I have stayed there three times before - the same light shades are broken; the same stands are never wiped i.e. VERY dusty and grimy. The television is so tiny you almost need a magnifying glass to see it. Also why does there need to be 3 Foxtel Sports channels and only 1 Lifestyle channel? Not everybody ONLY wants to see sports and all the SBS and news channels. Why not a few free movie channels (NOT only the Foxtel Classics channel) and even consider the other free-to-air digital channels? Or even some of the christian TV? It's not only other religions that need prayer rooms or things to cater to their choice of religion. Why not cater to a tad of Christianity - especially since we proclaim to be a 'christian' nation. The other disappointing things relate to food. The restaurant staff were very lovely and very good but it's only buffet. That becomes expensive, especially when you don't want to 'pig out' on every meal. Why not offer a small choice of a-la-carte? There used to be the pancake machine in the little cafe so one could get coffee and pancakes for breakfast. Now it's only in the buffet so we missed out on that too. We went to the bar and one evening decided to order the wedges. I specifically asked if we had to collect them. I was told they would bring them to us. It was 40 minutes after ordering when mum went to ask where they were. They said they were coming. They brought them but they were just luke-warm. Approximately $9 or $10 for wedges (or were they more - I can't remember) is a lot, especially when they are nearly cold. And the staff there didn't care. I mentioned it at reception and he was nice but it was too bad. He did say if I had charged it to the room it would be discounted but I had paid cash. Maybe a voucher would have been nice? This is my fourth stay and this has been the most disappointing. I am not likely to stay here again. I'll go to other Accor Hotels if possible. I must mention though, that the maintenance staff and the buggy drivers were all very nice, helpful and did their jobs efficiently but with great care and thought for the guests.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

TwinWaters, Manager at Novotel Twin Waters Resort, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Ordinary1

I was extremely disappointed to read this dramatic description of your stay. I thank you for your astute and specific comments and please rest assured that all of your items are being address with the management team

We do take such feedback very seriously and if you would like to discuss the issue further, I would welcome you calling me at the hotel. In the meantime please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience the resort issues caused you.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The hotel/resort was great. A fantastic location and lots to do. There are some issues with maintaining the place and rooms....all doors on the kitchen have been loose and needed just a screwdriver to tighten up. Just simple things like that which shows that places are made ready in a hurry and quality is not the highest priority.
Service was great and everybody made us feel very welcome. The only critic I have if any is the gaming room. A very small room with lots of VERY loud games in there, and I don't understand why we have to have "shooting and killing" games in a family resort. I do understand that there is a market and a call from certain people (families) to have that kind of gear but I was shocked by the brutality and volume of one particular machine. Any game which deals with violence should not enter a family resort environment in my opinion.

Buderim, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

As a local, I have been to the resort for meals and stayed there for weddings and the like. I was never impressed but Ihave changed my mind.

We stayed for a funeral celebration that promised to be a big one with more than 1,200 people attending. The resort looks fresh and modern. The central lake was bustling with activity and teenagers and smaller children were having a great time at the pool.

Rooms are very adequate. Staff are super-helpful.

We have recommended to our expat family living in London that they should ditch the penthouse at Mooloolaba they get each December and stay here. It is excellent for families.

We have also recommended to there Australian manager that he should have the company Xmas party there and engage the staff on a trapeze bonding session beforehand

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Hedonist_Australia

Wow! we are thrilled we have turned your around to be a fan of our resort! we work very hard to keep making our offering better and cant thank you enough for your supportive words.

Let us know if you want to book in the Christmas party! we will look after you Hedonist_Australia

We hope to see you and/or any of your friends and family in the near future.

Thank you again and all the best in the meantime!

Novotel Twin Waters Resort

Been to Novotel Twin Waters Resort? Share your experiences!