“An absolutely wonderful and majestic guest house. Better than a 5* Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Live in Oeiras Guest House

and 1 more site!
You added Live in Oeiras Guest House to your Saves list
Live in Oeiras Guest House
Largo Almirante Gago Coutinho 5, Oeiras 2780-245, Portugal   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Oeiras B&B and Inns
london
“An absolutely wonderful and majestic guest house. Better than a 5* Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed in ''Live in Oeiras Guest House'' for 5 nights. It was a superb experience and just a fantastic guesthouse to spend time in.

Patricia and Jose are unbelievable hosts, both fun and caring of you . They both have a keen insight and knowledge of the surrounding area's - Lisbon, Oerias, Esteril, Cascais and Sintra as well as a formidable understanding of Portuguese food (restaurants around the area), wine (where to get the best wines from) and local events.

The guest house itself is fully equipped with an air conditioned room, a TV (not that it's needed) a choice of 3 area's to relax outside with modern seating/lounging and FREE BREAKFAST! It is modern, extremely welcoming and it genuinely felt like a place I called call home for 5 nights.

The location is perfect - The train station is 100 meters up the road (which gives you direct access to Lisbon and surrounding areas), 5 minutes to the beach, restaurants and a beautiful park near by as well as the old local town!

There is not much more to say than go stay in this guest house! It's cheap! has a perfect location/facilities and the owners are wonderful!

Room Tip: All rooms are comfortable. If you can steal an en-suite room then go for it! If there is only a trip...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed there for 8 nights. A good place to live, only 10 min from sea side, < 5 min from train station to Lisboa and Cascais. The host is extremely friendly, and the room is clean and well nice. The breakfast is free and there's a lot of choice, including some special local foods.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I spent a week in Portugal traveling solo and stayed in this Guest House. I was so surprised how good this choice of accommodation turned out to be!
Location was perfect, 5 minutes walking distance to train station and 10 minutes to the beach.
Nearby there were restaurants, supermarkets and a really nice park.
The neighborhood was cosy and quiet and I slept like a baby which I normally don't even do in 5 star hotels.

The guest house was clean and had a warm home like atmosphere. The rooms had everything you can possibly need, AC, TV, comfortable beds, nice and soft linen.

In addition, the guest house owners, Jose and Patricia gave an awesome hospitality and did everything they could for me to have a pleasant stay. An early morning I was really cranky and stressed because I ran out of eggs and had to rush for my surfing class - Patricia went to the supermarket and bought some eggs for me! Patricia you saved my day! LOL

Not only did I had a pleasant stay at this guest house but I had so much fun staying here.
I took the airbus from the airport and then the train, it took me awhile before I could find this place due to lack of street signs. The guest house offered transfer but I was stubborn and determined to find it myself. My advise, take the transfer especially if you aren't used to Portuguese small alleys and streets, I got lost so many times walking back and forth. Luckily this young Portuguese girl phoned the guest house for me and asked for directions.

This is a great guest house and you won't regret staying here!

/Maria Lee

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Moscow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My family and me enjoyed staying in this guest house in June 2013.
Guest house: new renovated and fully equipped.
Location: 1 minute to train station (20 min to Lisbon downtown, 15 min to Cascais). Several good restaurants around. 2 min to the beach.
Hosts: are very hospitable!

Resume: I'll be happy to stay there next time. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I found this place by accident but what a find it was. The owners treat the guest like family, nothing is too much trouble for them. After the first visit I want to go back again and am already planning my next visit.

Gustavo Carreira

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed in this guesthouse for 4 nights in April (group of 3 friends) and it felt like home!

Jose and Patricia and Zahara (the cat!) always went the extra mile to make our stay really comfortable. They are really open and they genuinely want you to have a good time!

The rooms and the whole house were very clean, new and upbeat, with many areas to relax whether in the lounge or in the terraces.

Our reason to visit was surfing so the nearest surfing beach was 5' drive or 15'-20' walk which was great! The train with connections to Lisbon just up the road. Wifi fast and reliable!

All in all great hosts, great place, great location!
We will definitely visit again :) Efter London

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Reading
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

The best guesthouse in the whole world!! I stayed for 8 nights in March and during my entire time I felt like staying with friends that I've known for a long time. Hospitality and all the facilities are second to none. Great location, close to several beaches and other amazing places in and around Lisbon. I am already looking forward to Live in Oeiras at some point in the future :-) Melinda, UK

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Live in Oeiras Guest House? Share your experiences!