“Excellent little restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Spain
“Excellent little restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

We had dinner at this restaurant with our three children and it was wonderful – very nice and professional staff and very good food. I had made the reservation in advance through their web page, which is great as I made it while I was in another country and did not have to call. The restaurant is in a residential area of apartment buildings and you can park outside in the street; however there might be no parking space directly in front of the restaurant so come with some time. It opens from 12.30 to 15.00 and from 19.30 to 23.00. The place has few tables, a TV set and is nicely decorated. We had pizza and beef and everything was delicious and the prices correct. Our children were treated very well and they enjoyed it.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Lisbon, Portugal
“Nice food, great prices, well managed - good place to take kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

We have eaten here twice now, second time with kids. The other reviews seem quite accurate. The food seems reproducibly good. Portions may seem small by some Portuguese standards. The first time, we shared a pasta dish and a pizza, all for less than 20 euro - very good value for the money. Definitely one of the better (non-Indian) Italian places that I have found here in Lisbon/Cascais area.

They do swift business (both sit down and take-out) and have plenty of staff on hand to take the load; service has been prompt. Seems well managed. I've added it to my "safe" list.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Florence, Italy
“A little bit of Rome in...Oeiras!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

We were staying in a hotel in Oeiras and one night we were walking looking for something to eat...a bit different from the usual...we asked and one man told us about a small italian restaurant not very far from where we were: La Vecchia Roma. It was amazing to meet such a lovely place and also unexpected. Nice atmosphere, excellent service and...very good Italian food...not to mention the pizza that was perfect and so similar to the one I ate in Italy last year...I recomend the place: familiar and super quality restaurant!

• Visited July 2011
Melbourne, Australia
“A great italian in Oeiras”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

La Vecchia Roma is a cozy italian restaurant with great food. Start with a garlic bread, and don't miss the great sangria with your steak or pizza. I'm not into pasta, but got good comments on it. In the end just indulge yourself with the white chocolat mousse, that is excellent! You get a great value for your money here.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
roma
“the best pizza around lisbon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

I was in Oeiras and while walking along the street, I met this small restaurant "La Vecchia Roma". I eat one of the best pizza in Lisbon area. The atmosphere was great and the service perfect. The pizza was exaclty the same we use to eat in Italy and it is cooked in a wood owen. Simply perfect. Thank you!
loli