“Aspen Vip cabin” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Faweather Grange

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eldwick
Faweather Grange
You added Faweather Grange to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Ranch   |   Sconce Lane, Eldwick BD16 3BL, England   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Aspen Vip cabin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We, a simple group of 7, wandered upon this cabin in the misty cold days of April. The moon was just appearing beyond the hills as we slid upon the door to our welcoming cabin. We ventured in and claimed the cabin to be our land. This you may think to be easy, but let me tell you... for i am Arekusannda Eruin of The Penda's and I am not so easily pleased. However the sheer beauty of the cabin overtook me and i was taken, I was taken by the cabin. For four nights the cabin and I lived in harmony,. I would utilize its kitchen, bathe in the hot tub, swing clubs at balls on a field and take trips in surroundings hills of green. Unfortunately this adventure had to come to end like all good stories do (well more because we bought a stay for one week and some other people had booked it out but that isn't as interesting) so yes, the adventure came to an end and i left this precious place on a glowing Friday morning as the sun began to rise. This was a bright morning for most but a dark morning for my self and my fellow band of warriors as we will miss our home land greatly. For all those staying in the place we recommenced you arm yourselves... as we will be back... but this time with arms and a flag to capture this cabin once and for all !!

On a Serious note this is a lovely place to stay. PS we will not be back unless we have actually booked it so don't actually be scared...
Pss. be careful in the hot tub as it can become part of your body.

Room Tip: All very nice rooms. No qualms at all.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
andrew090960, Owner at Faweather Grange, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for your glowing comments. We'd love to see you again with your band of warriors even though we are not miles apart.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Me and my Girlfriends stay at faweather Grange was just so perfect and we could not have had a better time!! The hot Tub was brilliant and we had the time of our lives! We shall defiantly be making a return in the near future. The staff are lovely and very helpful. Would definatly recommend Serenity 4.. So beautiful
Thankyou

James

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you James for your lovely comments about Serenity 4 - it means a lot to all my staff + me. I'm glad your girlfriend had a great 21st.

We hope to see you again.

Hudders
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

The challenge you have when using the word 'luxury' is its so subjective, what's luxury to me may not be to you. I will however, give an honest account of my experience. I'll start with the reasons why I didn't give it an 'excellent' rating, and please bear in mind I'm picky! Serenity 4 is a quaint little lodge, but it could do with the wood having a once over, both inside and out, an annual wood treatment programme maybe. The decking included. As the lodge is made form wood, it's dusty. I would suggest a wipe down with a damp cloth from top to bottom would help to keep that down. The settee and chair have 'gone home' and the rug could do with being replaced.
Now the reasons I loved it - where to start!
First impressions count. We were met by a glorious setting, lush woodlands, fab little cottages dotted here and there. Staff could not have been more helpful. I have terrible allergies and Faweather welcome animals. Serenity 4 is kept pet free and it was true to its word. I didn't have any allergic reactions. They even took the feather pillows and duvet off the bed and replaced them with hypoallergenic for me. We took all our own food and didn't leave the lodge, at all, for 3 days. We ate, read, slept and chatted. As we're full time working shift workers with two children, spending 3 days alone and relaxing is unheard of, but we did just that. And the hot tub :-) oh, we simply loved the hot tub! We even sat in there for 3 hours one night, with the tub lights on, whilst Ian taught me all about the stars. We simply did not want to come home!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. I am so pleased you enjoyed your special time away together and would love to welcome you back. I'm pleased our pet free lodge was as described and it didn't cause you any reactions ;)
I do want to assure you I have a colleague who wipes all log walls on a regular basis, the outside of the lodge is painted annually and the rug is not very old it was put in after the new pathway was constructed only 5 months ago :( (I think it's just a bad choice I made) I liked the fact it matched the curtains. Thank you again for your feedback.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed for a 3 night break in serenity 2.

We wouldn't change anything about our stay. Check in was great and we had no problems throughout. Cabin was well appointed and the grounds were immaculately kept. We sampled a couple of restaurants in the locality and ordered a takeaway one evening. We will 100% return.

Our only criticism is that there is a charge for additional logs for the log burning stoves. I'd have thought that given the cost of staying here these should be included as a good will gesture, or maybe if this additional income was advertised as being donated to a local charity it would be much more understandable.

All in all a great stay and we are very much looking forward to returning

Stayed April 2014
Thank you for your great comments - we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
(We have had a new form of electrical heating installed in Serenity 2 which is much more user friendly and is adjustable at any time of the day or night). We have had great feedback from our recent visitors and so plan to install these in all lodges.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Me and my partner stayed here last month and had a fantastic time! We were greeted by lovely welcoming staff who had the log fire and hot tub all set up to go. There were lots of lovely little extras and helpful notes left by the staff that made it even more special. The cabin was very clean and comfortable with brilliant views. We will be booking our next trip very soon!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
andrew090960, Manager at Faweather Grange, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for your appreciative comments; it is nice to hear when our guests enjoy the lodge and any little extras.
It is also good to know that our staff have been as helpful and friendly as possible towards you.
We hope we do see you again and your experience with us will be just a memorable.

Emma x
Blaenau Gwent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Well what can we say, we were met by friendly staff who showed us to our lodge. The lodge is in own private garden and is great for some relaxation. The hot tub at front was lovely and warm on arrival. The staff had kindly put up 40th birthday balloons and banners in lodge for my boyfriends birthday! Champagne and chocolates were a lovely surprise also and the orchid and snuggle pack including swan towels were a lovely touch on the bed. The sauna was perfect and we lit the log burner most nights we stayed! Just superb!! The bathroom and jacuzzi bath stunning and lounge, bedroom cozy. The kitchen had everything we needed. Loved the cat also.
A great meal in Ilkleys Picolinos and the Cow and Calf.
Thankyou so much Debbie and staff for making out stay relaxing! We'll definitely be back x

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
andrew090960, Manager at Faweather Grange, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
We are pleased that you both loved your stay with us and the birthday balloons and banners were a welcome surprise.
It is great to know that everything in the lodge was perfect for you and that we will see you again in the future.
Thank you for your detailed comments our team really appreciate them.
Emma x
Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Lovely location with superb views but that's about all it has going for it. On arriving we were greeted with a nasty fusty smell. The bathroom was old,dated and far from luxury. The hot tub wasn't working as it should be. We were told we couldn't use it on our first night because they had to empty it the day before.we were offered a cheap box of chocolates after complaining. On checking out we were charged £145 pound for the hot tub part which was broke from day 1. The staff were very rude with us and demanded we pay up or they we call the police. will not be recommending to anyone. So disgusted with the service for the price we paid.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
andrew090960, Owner at Faweather Grange, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Draw your own conclusions - we had to debit the visitors' security deposit and this is their reaction!

Been to Faweather Grange? Share your experiences!