“worst third grade resort in india” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Guns & Roses

Guns & Roses
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kasauli
Guns & Roses
You added Guns & Roses to your Saves list
Main Kasauli-Garkhal Road, Kasauli 173402, India   |
Ranked #21 of 28 Kasauli B&B and Inns
New Delhi, India
“worst third grade resort in india”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

visited this place on 3rd Aug. with my wife I was told I am booking a couple suite for rs 3000 per night . on my arrival I was greeted with a extremely rude person who did not know how to talk to. guests when I was shown my room I went into a shock it was no suite it was a dingy small place with a small double bed a fridge on a rack less than 80 square feet with no place to walk . intercom in my room was not working t,v cable connection had gone for a spin there was balcony sit out . the room no. was 8 a pathetic place more over the staff enters the room without knocking and when complained was told to lock the room the room from inside but the inside closer was dysfunctional
food - third rate . don't have any thing here also
I have a advice to the owner who is from defense service Mr. sethi please don't make fool of the people who visit your resort its not a resort , by selling dingy rooms calling them suite some guest told me that room in front have a good look , but I was cheated . these type of person are giving kasauli a bad name please go to this resort at your own risk

Room Tip: please don't go with this place if you have to then say no to room no. 8 it is a small dingy pla...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Panchkula, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I visited the place with my wife and friends and the service provided was pathetic and food was very bad.Rooms were not worth as the amount charged was comparatively very high.They dont have their own cook and was arranged by the local dhabas. Management of the hotel was not at all cooperative and professional.Staying in a home stay is far better than staying in this so called hotel which has rates comparative to the kasauli resort. I would never recommend anybody to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mohali, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The property is actually a apartment block converted into a hotel. The location is good and the rooms are clean. The hotel does not have a printed menu and they just ask for the order. You are in for a shock when you get the bill (handwrittenon a plain paper), as most of the items are highly overpriced. The full butter chicken is actually less than half a chicken (with no legs) and charged @ Rs. 450/-.

Room Tip: The rooms higher up are away from the road with a better view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Chandigarh, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed at Guns & Roses on 26th Jan '13 (Republic Day). Paid Rs 3500 for one night which of course had me expecting a lot as this is by no standards is a nominal amount.
I stayed in Room # 9 which had a small sit out and a balcony - the view from which is acceptable.
However, the rooms are really 'very very' small and with even tiny bathrooms. The accommodation overall feels suffocating.

Let me begin one by one:

a) THE OWNER AND NO WATER : I woke up at 2 AM to use the bathroom and guess what? Not a single drop of water in the bathroom. Of course, I didn't have anyone to call so I had to make do with TP for then. This wasn't the end of it. I woke up at 8:30 AM and still not a single drop of water. I called room service and it took these guys over 45 minutes and no response. I had called twice during these 45 mins. Post this, I had to call the owner on his cellphone and he responded saying he is aware of my situation and started giving be bull crap about the pipes of 'only' this room being frozen while the water was available in rest of the hotel. Anyway, this bugger arranged for two buckets of lukewarm water which we used to dry clean ourselves - bathing was out of the question!!!

b) The In-charge PARMINDER : Whoa! what a push this guy was! Right after I checked in, this guy comes to my room with a check-in form etc and literally come through the door right after I opened it without even asking if he is welcome or if I are comfortable having him in. I didn't mind 'coz we had just checked in and were still unsettled. However, this guy knocks again at about 9:30 PM and again tried to push himself in. This is when I had to put my hand on his chest and ask him where is he headed? To which he responds that he needs a pillow from the almirah - which I told him I will get for him and he should stay put. His untoward attitude really put me off. Lucky him, he didn't get bashed up for being so pushy.

c) COFFEE & TEA : I believe I learnt to make these when I was in 6th grade. We ordered for coffee at night (thankfully we had dinner at Kasauli Resorts, right across the road) and it was the most disgusting coffee I ever had. Just hot water, with a spoon of stale milk and some spurious coffee. Gave it back and asked for tea instead. To my horror, it was even more pathetic. I literally flushed the entire tea down the toilet and kept the kettle there itself so that these guys realize the outcome of the simplest beverage they couldn't prepare. I see that someone else has also complained about food, must be true. Thank God, we didn't attempt to try.

d) TERRIBLE HOSPITALITY : While coming back from dinner, I heard (and saw) the owner arguing with one of the guests who was requesting for extra blankets/quilts for their kids. The owner said that every room had allotted blankets to it and they are enough for one room. In spite of the guest being persistent, this guys at the top of his lungs kept on insisting that they are enough and these guys will feel warm at night. I mean - who the hell is the owner to decide? What kind of hospitality is this?

Overall, a terrible experience and a waste if my hard earned INR 3500. If possible, avoid this place at all costs and look elsewhere for better options.

Room Tip: Avoid this places at all costs but if you must, get the mountain facing rooms. The owner is notoriou...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed in the 'couple room' on top floor. It was a real pleasure staying here with direct view of the valley from the room. I will list down the pros n cons of this hotel and our room:

Cons:
1. The double bed is small for a couple with a kid. But just perfect for a couple.
2. The room is a bit small.
3. No proper restaurant within the hotel premises. But they were renovating the hotel then and looks like they would have a proper restaurant in near future.

Pros:
1. Nice view from the room.
2. Very nice and helpful staff. We met the owner for a brief moment and found him to be a very nice and helpful person.
3. Had 24/7 hot water
4. LCD tv in room with almost all channels we have at home.
5. Could park my car almost outside my room on the top floor.
6. had a heater and a fan also in the room.
7. The location was perfect. just 2km from bus stand and in a very peaceful locality overlooking the main road.
8. Refrigerator and kitchen were added advantage of the room we took.

Overall it was a perfect weekend trip for us and we enjoyed our stay there. looking forward to another trip there in future.

Room Tip: Please note that not all the rooms have the view of the valley from the windows. They have family ro...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is not really a hotel. There are several furnished apartments in this hotel and the owner apparently stays in one of them. We landed here without a booking quite late in the evening when it was getting dark and the front office attendant had to go a couple of times to the owner's appartment as we negotiated the rate for 01 night. Ours was one of the apartments on the top floor with two bedrooms, one kitchen and a living room with a sofa that can sleep one uncomfortably. There are no elevators but one is expected to take the stairs in this part of the world. There is place too park about four cars in front of the hotel. The property itself is cosy, not too roomy though. There was no hot water in the bathroom and the towels were not clean. It was a good thing that we were carrying our own towels otherwise, we'd caught the cold. We decided to buy our own supplies from a local grocery store and cooked our own food, and we found out that the knives in the kitchen were not too sharp either, probably from disuse. We did not have much time to look around, but there are cheaper options available.

Room Tip: Ask for the apartment on the top floor for a better view. There is a balcony.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stay there for one night, beautiful place.. Great staff..
Food need to be improved.
Enjoyed a lot...
Recommended as it is closest to Kasauli and value for money...
Innovative is that you found your name in front of your room...
Thanks!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Guns & Roses? Share your experiences!