“Good Business Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 95 Hotels in Yuyao
Hampshire UK
“Good Business Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

A good hotel close to a shopping district and a historic bridge and temple, a mixture of old eastern and 21st century. Good selection of eateries in the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dixon IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Only got to spend one night there which was a shame. The hotel was very nice, the bed the biggest I've ever seen. Staff was very attentitive and most spoke enough English to get the job done easily. My only regret is that I didn't have time to explore the interesting looking streets across the river, they looked like fun. Next time I'll stay at this hotel and plan 2 nights or more.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I stayed here on business in Feb 2012 for one night.

Beautiful hotel - my room had a very nice view overlooking the river.

Service from check-in to check-out was excellent. There seems to be an army of people to make sure everything you need is available.

The rooms were beautiful - very modern and comfortable. Unfortunately, I didn't have much time to check out the rest of the hotel.

Buffet breakfast was excellent although a colleague had an issue with the omelette station. The response by the management staff was very impressive though - about 3 separate managers stopped him on the way up to his room to ensure everything was okay.

Location appears to be decent although we had drivers pick us up so it was tough to determine. The driving in China, in particular Yuyao City, is bad... that doesn't even begin to describe it... I thought we were going to get into at least 10 accidents in the 24 hours we were there.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Orebro, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

It is now close to two years since I last visited Yuyao. I have kept in touch with my business associates and obvioulsy expected the people at the office to know who I was when I showed up again. But I certainly had no high expectations on being recognized by the people at the Grand Pacific Hotel.
When I got out of the car and the concierge in his long red coat opened the door i could recognize his face, that is nothing to that, I do often remember faces and sometimes even names. But this guy said "welcome back, I recognize you". I couldn't belive it. Then I walked up to the front desk. At least three of the staff said the same thing and I could see by their faces that they did not do this just as something they are trained to say to any customer.

Now I got a little bold and asked for one of the young ladies who was in the trainee program two years ago and who I did some talking to as she was working in the lobby in front of the desk. Honestly I didn't expect her to still be there, but why not take a chance? They said that she was still there but just out for a short rest. She arrived after only a few minutes and she was so happy to see me. She took my hands and welcomed me back and even called me by my name. I could hardly belive my ears. This young lady even knew my name after two years working in a hotel lobby and front desk. I can't even imagine how many people that passes by a place like this. It is truly amazing.

I just like to write this to say a few words about the atmosphere among the staff at this hotel. I find it to be very friendly and that the people here shows a true interest in their customers.

The restaurant might sometimes leave you with a few questions but you have to rememeber that many of the waiters are trainees and weather you like it or not this is the way it is. I suggest you just adopt to it and try to be nice and you will have many smiles and all their efforts to make your stay as good as possible.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view over the mountain. the other side of the hotel gives you a backyard view wh...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

If you are going to be out in Yuyao, consider staying here. Located along the river (looks much better at night), this is a pretty nice hotel. Rooms are very nice, well appointed and in great condition. Staff is friendly, English is pretty good, and has been getting better recently.

On the downside, the food is average. The main restaurant on the first floor is hit or miss. I prefer the Japanese restaurant on the second floor as their quality has been more consistent.

You can walk around the hotel and feel pretty comfortable, and if you need some 'home' food, there is a McD and KFC in close proximity. (sometimes that grease just tastes good after a long week traveling abroad)

Room Tip: I have not been disappointed in any room I have been given. Ask for a room facing the river, at nig...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

This was the first big hotel in Yuyao, built with Taiwanese money - but that was many years ago and now the hotel is looking outdated and worm, the staff were tired and a little disorganised. As this was No1 on tripadvisor I was expecting great things, but I was disappointed.

I have stayed at the other big hotel in town - The Yuyao Plaza and it is better - shinier, more modern, slicker. You should stay there instead.

Room Tip: Stay at Yuyao Plaza instead.
Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
santa barbara
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

When you walk into the Grand Pacific Hotel it is as the name says, 'Grand'. The rooms are very well furnished and modern. You get a lot of value for what you pay for. Breakfast is also included which offers a nice variety of western and chinese dishes. I was not very impressed with their Japanese restaurant for dinner but it could have been due to the dish that I ordered. The hotel also provides free internet and a free shuttle bus (1 hour) to Ningbo Airport which makes it very convenient. If you are doing business in Ningbo this is a great place to stay. One small negative is that the gym does not open until 7 AM which is late if you are having a business meeting at 8 AM.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Grand Pacific Hotel? Share your experiences!