“Cant get any better than that” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
4th and 5th Nights Free!
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Beau Champ
London, United Kingdom
“Cant get any better than that”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

What a beautiful, fabulous and amazing resorts. Friendly and welcoming staff. Lucky to have the water sports, fitness classes and golf are included in our package. Although it was rainy but it didn't stop us taking great pride of this beautiful paradise. The room was clean and the bed was really comfy. I have in the past stayed in Four Seasons hotels in Europe but this resort changes everything. Its the place to be, all the people visiting tripadvisor, definitely recommend you Its the place to be.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

512 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

What a fabulous resort, the attention to detail was outstanding, amazing breakfasts, first class food in all the restaurants, great customer service, great location, perfect villa rooms. Even though the island experienced quite a lot of rain while we were there, its warm and lovely, so just enjoy it.

I do have one personal gripe, why do hotels of this quality think it's acceptable to charge for wifi connectivity ? Even when we paid for a connection it didn't extend beyond the room, so no coverage in the bar or on the beach ?

When this resort was originally built it was probably very expensive to provide wide area wifi infrastructure, but that is not true now. If Four Seasons have long term contracts with wifi operators, I think its time they renegotiated the contract terms and start providing connectivity at no charge.

Rant over.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here for our anniversary last May (perfect weather!), so I'm late writing this review...sorry! We flew 12.5 hours direct from Germany and chose to have the Four Seasons arrange transportation. It was expensive, but worth it because the 45 minute drive from the airport was beautiful and very comfortable in the BMW X5. Early check in (0630!) was not a problem at all...the staff took us right to our villa to let us nap. We finished the check in later that day after lunch. Speaking of lunch...that was the only day we ate lunch the entire 10 days of our stay because my duck salad was $50! Granted, it was one of the best things I've ever eaten, but we decided to take advantage of the breakfast and dinner package instead and skip lunch. Since breakfast was served until 1100, it was no problem for us to skip lunch. There are also snacks placed in the room every afternoon. This resort has it all in terms of amenities, there's really no reason to ever leave or venture out. We did one day tour to the waterfalls and popular sites, but didn't feel it was worth the money or 6 hours in a car. Because the resort is huge, we rode the resort bikes everywhere. They are not in great condition, but the fitness staff is helpful about switching them out or filling up the tires with air. The fitness center is very adequate and never busy. I recommend taking water from the gym and stocking up your room because water is not free at any restaurant no matter what brand of water. We also found that the local beer is the best deal if you don't want to spend a small fortune on water, wine and cocktails. We really like the Blue Marlin beer the best. Having to pay for Internet was another disappointment, especially in such an expensive resort, but the signal in our villa was so good, it extended out to our beach! The staff were amazing at all the bars and restaurants. We developed friendships with many over our 10 days there and still keep in touch with a couple of them. Overall this resort isn't perfect, but it's worth the money in my opinion and I would go there again. We had a wonderful anniversary!

Room Tip: Get a beach villa!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We have just spent a wonderful week at the Four Season Anahita resort. Amazing resort property, large private villas, excellent spa and fitness center, beautiful 18 hole golf course and amazing beaches. We appreciated the fact that the water sports, fitness classes and golf are all included in the price. One negative....a resort of the caliber of the Four Season, it just seems cheap to charge for internet wifi!!!
Restaurants were good...lots of variety. I would like to have seen the golf club house open for dinners. Loved the Sushi bar at Bambou.
Staff were simply amazing, from grounds staff to management, all were polite, professional and eager to help with all requests.

Room Tip: All the villas are very private..with their own yards and plunge pools. Loved the bathrooms, shower...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Had a wonderful week at the hotel and would highly recommend. Here are the things I would have liked to have known before going:
1) The high season (Northern Hemisphere winter) is the rainy season and it can rain heavily. The week before we arrived (in February) it had rained for four straight days. We had one rainy day and the hotel suggested rainy day activities such as macaroon making and watching dvds.
2) The Italian restaurant seems very popular and it is recommended to book ahead to get the seating time you want. (To be honest it wasn't our preferred restaurant but we seem to be in the minority). Service in the beach restaurant on non buffet nights can be a bit hit and miss.
3) The free golf deal is great. However if you are planning on making this a golfing holiday, bring your own clubs as they are not included and it cost us $100 a round to rent clubs. Only one box of balls is included per person. The course is quite playable for beginners but challenging for more experienced players. It was in great condition.
4) The hotel is very spread out and it's worth working out what is important to you before selecting your room type as the rooms themselves are identical but there is a big difference in price depending on view etc. We opted for an ocean view which was close to the beach, super private and about as far from breakfast as you could get so we used bikes to get around. I really can't see the advantage of the beach rooms as the beaches are not exclusive to beach villas so all guests can walk in front of the beach rooms. In order to counter the privacy issues, some of the villas had more plants in front of them which I would guess blocked the sea view. For the last day we were moved to a garden villa room which was actually rather lovely with a lush garden and big pond at the bottom. I liked being near the beach but my husband didn't think it was worth the extra money...
5) All rooms have a plunge pool which I would have thought could be very dangerous for toddlers. There were some small children staying but I wouldn't recommend the hotel for little non-swimmers
5) Rooms were very well cleaned every day. We were asked on arrival when we wanted service but since we were coming from a different time zone we didn't want to commit and this might have been a mistake as the timing turned out to be very random as the week progressed.
6) Lack of free internet seems to drive some potential guests away. It is annoying but the hotel did agree to let us have all three of our devices for one fee which was a decent compromise so it's worth asking.
7) It takes a long time to get around the island and it's not really obvious whether the excursions are really worth it. We went on the 10km hike in the Black River Gorge which was a nice walk even though we got absolutely soaked!
8) Go somewhere else if you want to go on a diving or cultural holiday. If you like tennis, swimming, yoga (which suprisingly was a paid extra), the gym, spa, golf, the beach, eating and generally chilling out, then enjoy...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kabul, Afghanistan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This was my first experience at a Four Seasons and I'm afraid I will never be able to stay at another hotel brand. Prior to arrival I was contacted by my 'experience assistant' Pooja who offered to plan airport transfers and any activities prior to arrival. She then greeted me upon arrival at the hotel and popped in about once a day to see if I needed anything (while I did not take advantage of this service, because I just wanted to lounge at the resort, I can imagine she would be able to make anything happen that you wanted). I stayed in an Ocean Villa which I think was absolutely the right choice since the beach villas did open directly onto the main beach where everyone sits out during the day. This way I could relax with complete privacy and have a great view of the water. The staff also noticed it was my birthday the week prior and left a birthday cake in my room upon arrival - very nice touch. The room was spectacular with great amenities and a very large closet and patio area to enjoy a meal on. The plunge pool was not heated and did not did get direct sun so was too cold to go in although I would imagine at a warmer time of year it would be very refreshing. Beach and pool were lovely and the service was great - not too intrusive but always available as soon as you needed something. The service at the bar was also excellent. I was traveling alone and it was nice the bartenders were will to have a chat (or not - they read people well) and the bar manager was always willing to make a special cocktail or offer up some house made rums (must try the passion fruit and the rosemary!). The food was equally excellent. I ate most of my dinners at Beauchamp and Acquapazza as I didn't care for the menu at Bamboo. Every meal was wonderful and being on half board I really felt like I was getting a great value. Lunch at Bamboo was also a good selection of sandwiches and sushi. Purchased a package from the spa that gave me time (3.5 hours of treatments) vs. a specific set of treatments. Definitely they way to go as I did one of the island rituals and then got a mani/pedi and a haircut with the rest of my time. I have to say this resort has ruined it for all others with the excellent service and wonderful food. Would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Ocean Villa
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Beirut, Beyrouth, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

In a nutshell , you could spend hours and days to find a negative point on this resort and you will never find one!
It has been a flawless stay from A to Z. Great rooms, great resort, great landscape, great F&B , great staff PLUS the advantage of having an Ernie Els designed Golf course.
For large families, there are 2/3 and even 6 bedroom villas!
Sports, SPA, large spaces,....What else can anyone needs?
I strongly recommend this resort for anyone looking to enjoy a unique luxury resort in a friendly and lovely island. Couple or Family!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita? Share your experiences!