“Multilingual staff- gorgeous landscaping-loads to do” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
4th Night Free!
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Beau Champ
London
“Multilingual staff- gorgeous landscaping-loads to do”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Had a wonderful week at the hotel and would highly recommend. Here are the things I would have liked to have known before going:
1) The high season (Northern Hemisphere winter) is the rainy season and it can rain heavily. The week before we arrived (in February) it had rained for four straight days. We had one rainy day and the hotel suggested rainy day activities such as macaroon making and watching dvds.
2) The Italian restaurant seems very popular and it is recommended to book ahead to get the seating time you want. (To be honest it wasn't our preferred restaurant but we seem to be in the minority). Service in the beach restaurant on non buffet nights can be a bit hit and miss.
3) The free golf deal is great. However if you are planning on making this a golfing holiday, bring your own clubs as they are not included and it cost us $100 a round to rent clubs. Only one box of balls is included per person. The course is quite playable for beginners but challenging for more experienced players. It was in great condition.
4) The hotel is very spread out and it's worth working out what is important to you before selecting your room type as the rooms themselves are identical but there is a big difference in price depending on view etc. We opted for an ocean view which was close to the beach, super private and about as far from breakfast as you could get so we used bikes to get around. I really can't see the advantage of the beach rooms as the beaches are not exclusive to beach villas so all guests can walk in front of the beach rooms. In order to counter the privacy issues, some of the villas had more plants in front of them which I would guess blocked the sea view. For the last day we were moved to a garden villa room which was actually rather lovely with a lush garden and big pond at the bottom. I liked being near the beach but my husband didn't think it was worth the extra money...
5) All rooms have a plunge pool which I would have thought could be very dangerous for toddlers. There were some small children staying but I wouldn't recommend the hotel for little non-swimmers
5) Rooms were very well cleaned every day. We were asked on arrival when we wanted service but since we were coming from a different time zone we didn't want to commit and this might have been a mistake as the timing turned out to be very random as the week progressed.
6) Lack of free internet seems to drive some potential guests away. It is annoying but the hotel did agree to let us have all three of our devices for one fee which was a decent compromise so it's worth asking.
7) It takes a long time to get around the island and it's not really obvious whether the excursions are really worth it. We went on the 10km hike in the Black River Gorge which was a nice walk even though we got absolutely soaked!
8) Go somewhere else if you want to go on a diving or cultural holiday. If you like tennis, swimming, yoga (which suprisingly was a paid extra), the gym, spa, golf, the beach, eating and generally chilling out, then enjoy...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Kabul, Afghanistan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This was my first experience at a Four Seasons and I'm afraid I will never be able to stay at another hotel brand. Prior to arrival I was contacted by my 'experience assistant' Pooja who offered to plan airport transfers and any activities prior to arrival. She then greeted me upon arrival at the hotel and popped in about once a day to see if I needed anything (while I did not take advantage of this service, because I just wanted to lounge at the resort, I can imagine she would be able to make anything happen that you wanted). I stayed in an Ocean Villa which I think was absolutely the right choice since the beach villas did open directly onto the main beach where everyone sits out during the day. This way I could relax with complete privacy and have a great view of the water. The staff also noticed it was my birthday the week prior and left a birthday cake in my room upon arrival - very nice touch. The room was spectacular with great amenities and a very large closet and patio area to enjoy a meal on. The plunge pool was not heated and did not did get direct sun so was too cold to go in although I would imagine at a warmer time of year it would be very refreshing. Beach and pool were lovely and the service was great - not too intrusive but always available as soon as you needed something. The service at the bar was also excellent. I was traveling alone and it was nice the bartenders were will to have a chat (or not - they read people well) and the bar manager was always willing to make a special cocktail or offer up some house made rums (must try the passion fruit and the rosemary!). The food was equally excellent. I ate most of my dinners at Beauchamp and Acquapazza as I didn't care for the menu at Bamboo. Every meal was wonderful and being on half board I really felt like I was getting a great value. Lunch at Bamboo was also a good selection of sandwiches and sushi. Purchased a package from the spa that gave me time (3.5 hours of treatments) vs. a specific set of treatments. Definitely they way to go as I did one of the island rituals and then got a mani/pedi and a haircut with the rest of my time. I have to say this resort has ruined it for all others with the excellent service and wonderful food. Would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Ocean Villa
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Beirut, Beyrouth, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

In a nutshell , you could spend hours and days to find a negative point on this resort and you will never find one!
It has been a flawless stay from A to Z. Great rooms, great resort, great landscape, great F&B , great staff PLUS the advantage of having an Ernie Els designed Golf course.
For large families, there are 2/3 and even 6 bedroom villas!
Sports, SPA, large spaces,....What else can anyone needs?
I strongly recommend this resort for anyone looking to enjoy a unique luxury resort in a friendly and lovely island. Couple or Family!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is what you come to expect from the Four Seasons brand of hotels – excellent.

The Beach Villa's were lovely, with views out over the sea, accessed directly from the private garden in front of the villa, which also had a private plunge pool and outdoor showers – very peaceful and luxurious.

The restaurants were all very good, although the food sometimes came too quickly in the evening making you feel a little rushed. (We asked the staff to slow down – which they did).

Many of the water activities were included in the price, so there is plenty to keep everyone occupied.

Spa facilities superb with views out over the mangroves.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. It is the sort luxurious place you imagine when you think of Mauritius.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Grab those few days between the end of school and Christmas before the hotel rates go up and luxuriate in your own villa, drop the kids at the kids club and the teenagers at their separate club too, take in a four hand massage, or organise when the kids are free, a hobie cat race around the sea-lake (hire is free), or take the teens that have PADI off to the scuba sites (not free!). Let them cycle round the resort, to tennis lessons (extra), or the gym (teens allowed, nothing extra) and even if it is raining (and it was, its tropical storm time, but it comes and goes) there is still loads to do. We set up a cinema in the villa with a projector, inside or out. We let the kids paddle board around the resort, knowing they were safe. Excellent tailor on site. Golf all over but we don't. Food not cheap and there isn't anywhere else to go easily, even if u hire a car. Load up at breakfast!

Room Tip: The villa style is great. We took four kids and had a huge villa with three double bedrooms en suite...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
alcester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Just returned from a marvellous week at this hotel.
We were very keen to include golf in our holiday and were looking forward to playing at the Ernie Els Four Seasons Golf Club. The course was in immaculate condition, and fantastic views on many of of the holes. Players are provided with excellent GPS carts and the staff were very friendly. On the. 5 occasions we played there we were able to play as a two ball, which we wanted to do.
Players are given a free shuttle to the course.
Our room in the hotel which was an ocean view was spectacular, well worth paying the extra. Each room had a plunge pool and a wonderful outdoor shower which was exhilerating.
The hotel is very modern, having been completed in 2008.
The gardens are spectacular and maintained beautifully.
We ate at all three restaurants and cannot fault our experience in any of them.
The staff are first class in their enthusiasm and willingness to please their customers.
We went half board, which we would thoroughly recommend. This does not include the drinks.
Overall a first class experience and would definitely consider returning in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

If you're dying to go to Mauritius...then yes, do the Four Seasons. If you're not sure about going to this island...then maybe skip it.
There is really nothing to do here but sit all day. The water is like bath water, very calm. No waves.
AS for the property...amazing. Perfect.
I love my husband, so we had a blast together. But you will get to meet other couples as they get bored after being there a week with nothing to do. The property only has so many restaurants that you see the same people all the time.
Their signature food is the Macaroon. They will spoil you on them!!!
If we go back, we will stay here again. :)

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita? Share your experiences!