Had a wonderful week at the hotel and would highly recommend. Here are the things I would have liked to have known before going:
1) The high season (Northern Hemisphere winter) is the rainy season and it can rain heavily. The week before we arrived (in February) it had rained for four straight days. We had one rainy day and the hotel suggested rainy day activities such as macaroon making and watching dvds.
2) The Italian restaurant seems very popular and it is recommended to book ahead to get the seating time you want. (To be honest it wasn't our preferred restaurant but we seem to be in the minority). Service in the beach restaurant on non buffet nights can be a bit hit and miss.
3) The free golf deal is great. However if you are planning on making this a golfing holiday, bring your own clubs as they are not included and it cost us $100 a round to rent clubs. Only one box of balls is included per person. The course is quite playable for beginners but challenging for more experienced players. It was in great condition.
4) The hotel is very spread out and it's worth working out what is important to you before selecting your room type as the rooms themselves are identical but there is a big difference in price depending on view etc. We opted for an ocean view which was close to the beach, super private and about as far from breakfast as you could get so we used bikes to get around. I really can't see the advantage of the beach rooms as the beaches are not exclusive to beach villas so all guests can walk in front of the beach rooms. In order to counter the privacy issues, some of the villas had more plants in front of them which I would guess blocked the sea view. For the last day we were moved to a garden villa room which was actually rather lovely with a lush garden and big pond at the bottom. I liked being near the beach but my husband didn't think it was worth the extra money...
5) All rooms have a plunge pool which I would have thought could be very dangerous for toddlers. There were some small children staying but I wouldn't recommend the hotel for little non-swimmers
5) Rooms were very well cleaned every day. We were asked on arrival when we wanted service but since we were coming from a different time zone we didn't want to commit and this might have been a mistake as the timing turned out to be very random as the week progressed.
6) Lack of free internet seems to drive some potential guests away. It is annoying but the hotel did agree to let us have all three of our devices for one fee which was a decent compromise so it's worth asking.
7) It takes a long time to get around the island and it's not really obvious whether the excursions are really worth it. We went on the 10km hike in the Black River Gorge which was a nice walk even though we got absolutely soaked!
8) Go somewhere else if you want to go on a diving or cultural holiday. If you like tennis, swimming, yoga (which suprisingly was a paid extra), the gym, spa, golf, the beach, eating and generally chilling out, then enjoy...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita consists of 136 pool villas and residences and offers unlimited, complimentary golf on an 18-hole championship golf course designed by Ernie Els. The Resort encompasses a private island, which is home to secluded beaches. Each villa features an al fresco shower, extensive veranda, plunge pool and private garden, ideal for honeymooners and privacy lovers. The two, three, four and five-bedroom residence villas offer the exclusivity of a private home for friends and family. The Spa has twelve stilted, overwater treatment rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo and Odigeo so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Mauritius At Anahita
- Four Seasons Resort Mauritius At Anahita Hotel Beau Champ
- Four Seasons Beau Champ
- Four Seasons Hotel Mauritius
- Four Seasons Resort Mauritius At Anahita Beau Champ