“Natural and gorgeous food” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Rome, Lazio, Italy
“Natural and gorgeous food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is my best Restaurant ever! Please go there and enjoy Nunzio and Dina's great hospitality in a marvellous surrounding within the Abruzzo, Lazio and Molise National Park.
Dishes from first course to cakes are all prepared on the spot in a healthy and tasty way, showing a personality of their own!

Visited September 2012

Italy
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I have recently been at Il Transumante during a short vacation in the wonderful "Parco Nazionale d'Abruzzo, Lazio e Molise" national park.

The restaurant is simple and very nice, the staff is professional and very friendly.
I could taste two traditional dishes of this part of Appennines (historically populated by many shepherds):

1. Pancotto, which is made with bread immersed in lamb&tomato sauce and vegetables, and topped with cheese: old-fashioned and delicious!

2. Sheep meat with potatoes: as sheep meat is quite hard, that of this dish is cooked for hours in red wine. The result is super-tender and tasteful meat: divine!

The price was fair: for Pancotto, Sheep meat with potatoes, a slice of cake (with figs and topped with pine kernels, yummy!!), water and house red wine we payed 20 euros each.

I highly recommend this place.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sao Paulo, SP
“The Best restaurant in our 30 day trip to Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I´ve delayed posting this because I wanted to post pictures with the review, but unfortunally, I lost my pics.

But this was one review I had to post. We (me and my husband) reserved a table for the Transumante in our honeymoon. It was the best decision we made in the entire trip.

Everything (and I mean everything) was superbe. We let the hosts decide what would we have, and it was seven dishes (and dessert, and cake) of pure delight. There was one shepperd´s pie that will be always in my memory.

And the staff was awesome, they made us feel really welcome and happy. Before serving each plate, the chef described it and talked about the culinary history of Abruzzo... simply sensational.

It was the best meal we had in our 30 day trip to Italy, and if you know Italy, you should know that this is indeed a feat. It was also the cheapeast full meal that we had (actually, it cost less than an unfortunate decision to sample bruschettas in Rome), so in cost-benefit, it surely soars.

• Visited July 2011