“Beautiful views” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cresthaven By The Sea , A Waterfront B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Maitland
Cresthaven By The Sea , A Waterfront B&B
You added Cresthaven By The Sea , A Waterfront B&B to your Saves list
19 Ferry Lane, Maitland, Nova Scotia B0N 1T0, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Maitland B&B and Inns
“Beautiful views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

The location cannot be beat. The only reason for the four was that the breakfast, though delicious, was nothing special. The owner was quite knowledgeable about the wildlife in the area and was ready and willing to point us in the right direction.

• Stayed August 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Milano
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband and I spent 1 night at this beautiful B&B located in the small village of Maitland (just 1 eatery that close early in the evening and 1 small grocery shop).
Cathrine and Warren were very welcoming, the location is really beautiful, out of the beaten path overlooking the see.
We had a very well furnished and clean room on the first floor overlooking the see. An external furnished patio as well as a confortable living room was shared with the occupants of the other 2 rooms.
Homecooked breakfast served in the morning

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I had sent emails to this B&B twice asking about their rates and availability. After waiting over a week for a reply, I finally phoned them. A woman answered and when I asked her about their rates for this coming October, she stated that her husband handles the B&B and he was with a customer. She took my phone number and said her husband would call me back shortly. I waited around for the next 3 hours and finally went to bed. No one ever called me back. I feel the owners of this B&B don't care about their customers (or potential customers). They do not return emails, the wife can't answer a simple question, the husband does not return phone calls. I would have loved to stay at this B&B and give it 5 stars upon my return, but they obviously don't want me there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
cresthavenowners, Owner at Cresthaven By The Sea , A Waterfront B&B, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
We are so sorry to hear of this miscommunication. If I'm not mistaken you were looking to stay with us over Canadian Thanksgiving. This is a time when we are usually closed for family time, so we needed to discuss it as a family. My husband sent a reply email but unfortunately it sounds like you did not receive the message. We hope you will stay with us at some point in the future. It really is a lovely spot and we care very much about our guests and their experience.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed one night at the Cresthaven after spending the day in Halifax. We wish we had arrived earlier as the tidal bore was passing by as we got out of our car. The view of the tide rising from the back porch was amazing.
Warren was a great host and spent a lot of time with us talking about the area and wildlife. There are reported to be as many as 25 bald eagles nearby.
The room was very clean and very well decorated. Warren provided a nice breakfast of local fruits and pancakes.

Room Tip: All the rooms looked good.
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed here after flying into Halifax from the US. Easy 1 hour drive to this extremely quiet spot on a river off the Bay of Fundy. This clean and comfortable B and B has a lovely front porch and lawn with adirondack chairs for relaxing in while sipping your favorite beverage and watching the tidal bore. Lovely host family including two friendly dogs. Good breakfast and local hospitality. One restaurant in town serves good fresh, not fried food. Fairly remote location with a general store. We took naps and read, but you can raft and hike. The attraction here is the incredible view for miles across the ever changing landscape, and nature. We saw eagles. I would even come back in the cooler weather and watch from the windows while enjoying the fireplace in the great room overlooking the tides.

Room Tip: The eagles nest was very comfortable with views of the water.
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Traveling the coast of Minas Basin in May is tricky regarding accommodations, but we pulled in here unexpectedly, and were greeted warmly and graciously, beyond our wildest dreams, as it turned out. Warren, the Host, was knowledgeable, the view from the porch and the bed was spectacular looking out on the tide and the Basin, the bed was SUPER comfortable, the breakfast friendly and delicious (too bad he doesn't do more food: he clearly knows his way around good fresh food!). Bald Eagles flew about catching fish, and the imaginings of the migratory birds will have us returning. Thank you Cresthaven!

Room Tip: Go for the one with the best view!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

On my way to a family reunion in Cape Breton last August, I stayed for a brilliant night at Cresthaven. A beautiful heritage home in historic Maitland, the back deck, comfy chairs and hammock overlook where the Bay of Fundy tides roll into the Shubenacadie river, with stunning views of wildlife and water. The daily change over from sand bar to ocean and back again is mind-boggling! I spent a great evening with Warren, Catherine and the girls - seafood, sunshine and spinning some yarns. The next day rafting the nearby 'tidal bore' was one of my favourite water adventures ever! The starting point for that adventure is a short 15 minute walk away. Can't say enough about my time at Cresthaven - I'm bringing my girlfriend and her daughter back to visit this summer!

Room Tip: Watching the water roll in from the north is amazing.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Cresthaven By The Sea , A Waterfront B&B? Share your experiences!