We got a great rate on Expedia for this hotel so thought we give it a try. We liked it.
- Gragnano is located only 15 minutes from Pompeii, also close to the Vesuvio and Herculaneum. Also, there is a direct road from the hotel to the Amalfi coast.Is a fairly narrow mountain pass, not worse than the coastal road though.
- The hotel has great views of the Vesuvio and the surrounding mountains.
- The staff is super-friendly yet professional, with decent English and/or German language skills.
- Hotel is a newer building in good and very clean condition.
Not for everyone:
- The building and interior decoration is typical Italian "neo-baroque" style, not everyone will like this.
- And the micro-location is a bit odd - not a very touristy area, few restaurants.
Overall we enjoyed our stay at this property and we would recommend it to everyone who would like to explore the southern half of the gulf of Napoli and the Amalfi coast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Le Zagare, charming house for unforgettable stays, allows you to quickly reach the main tourist and cultural sites such as Pompeii, Herculaneum, Vesuvius, Capri, Amalfi, Sorrento and Gragnano with its famous pasta factories, the same pasta that you can enjoy at our restaurant thanks to the skill of the chef. Surrounded by a Mediterranean garden where you can relax on sunny days, it is the ideal place for leisure or business. To complete it all the staff, professional and courteous, available to customers to meet every need. To avoid disappointment, guests are kindly requested not to bring food or drink into the rooms from the outside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Venere, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Hotel Le Zagare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.