I can only confirm what others have written: rarely have I staid in a place with so much character and such friendly reception. The view of the sea is gorgeous and, although the hotel feels isolated, it is actually only minutes away from town, where there is a good selection of restaurants. Breakfast was excellent. This is also one of the rare hotels with tons of character where nevertheless I would recommend taking children. I would love to come back and stay a warm summer evening to observe the stars with the telescope of the hotel (which was being repaired during my stay...). Modern rooms in courtyard of the hotel have floor heating. No television in the rooms (which is a plus, and, anyway, there is one in the large communal living room in the mansion). The hotel has wifi, but only in the mansion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A guesthouse for nature-loving people. Set in the magical scenario of the Ria Formosa Natural Park and lost between sky and sea, this 17th-century fortress that is now a family owned B&B that welcomes nature-loving people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Forte de Sao Joao da Barra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Forte De Sao Joao Da Barra Hotel Cabanas De Tavira
- Forte Algarve
- Tavira Forte
- Forte De Sao Joao Da Barra Cabanas, Portugal - Algarve