It has seemingly all the right ingrediants, lovely old building in pretty village with thatched cottages, traditional pubby interiors with blackened beams and long case clocks, knick knacks on the walls and friendly staff. So what went wrong? The most important factor of all, the food. As vegetarians our choice was limited so we ordered cheese ploughmans. Three pieces of soft supermaket baguette with no butter, a small portion of cheese ( type unknown but tasted vaguely of smoked cheddar ), a pickled onion with small garnish of salad, no apple but three little pots of very good chutney and all for £7.95! We both left feeling we were the ones fleeced but perhaps we should have been warned by it's name.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fleece Inn is the perfect rural retreat just a stone's throw from the beautiful Cotswold's boasting roaring open fires for the winter months, open garden and apple orchard for the summer sun and a friendly welcome all year round. With real ales and traditional ciders aplenty this historical pub is a favourite with CAMRA members and the welcoming atmosphere and good food attract visitors from all over the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your The Fleece Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fleece Hotel Bretforton
- The Fleece Inn Bretforton, Worcestershire