“Dinner at Rawley Resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rawley Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Severn
Rawley Resort
Save Saved
You added Rawley Resort to your Saves list
2900 Kellys Road | P.O. Box 189, Port Severn, Ontario L0K 1S0, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Port Severn
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Dinner at Rawley Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I would like to start off on a very positive note by stating that you have a beautiful place in a wonderful location. The restaurant staff and ambiance are both outstanding. I would like to think, that on the occasion I visited your restaurant, the chef was trying to avoid disappointment by serving a meal that really should have been taken off the menu that night, as he was clearly struggling to find enough lobster to put into our meal.

I know my friend has made her comments on my behalf already, so please don't shoot the messenger, you seem a little angry with her! I think she felt a little awkward as she had recommended your restaurant to me and I had wanted to take them somewhere really special to say thank you for their kind hospitably for the 2 weeks I had stayed with them in Port Severn. The restaurant, staff and location were not a disappointment, just the shortage of lobster, everything else was perfect, so thank you. Next time I'm over in Canada I would not be put off eating at your restaurant again, just more lobster next time please! Best wishes, Kathy from the UK

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

JULY 11TH -13TH another Perfect weekend at Rawley Resort Everything about this quaint little spot is fantastic .. Food was outstandingas usual .. after our fantastic dinner.. .we . sat around the piano with Eric who makes you feel like family..singing and .chatting like hes known you forever... such a fantastic atmosphere.. The complimentary breakfast has a wonderful touch with fresh banana bread and a healthy smoothie and a fresh fruit tray . delicous this place is.so relaxing you will simply love the décor . its such a quality resort .. can,t wait to go back .. Thank you liz and your wonderful staff...and a special thank you for the upgrade.. to your waterview loft .. simply superb..

Room Tip: all the rooms are fab ..
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
OwnerRawleyResort, Owner at Rawley Resort, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Thank you for your very nice review and for sharing it on Trip Advisor. We are all so pleased to hear you returned to us for another stay and it too was pleasurable.
We were glad to make your stay special and to be able to upgrade you. When we have the opportunity, we too, enjoy upgrading our repeat guests. Your enthusiasm for Rawley and the staff is a great feedback for all of us to read. It brings a smile to everyone's face. That's a great motivator. We greatly appreciate kind words made by our guests through Trip Advisor or in person. We constantly strive to achieve high quality standards so when we read your review along with other reviews this let's us know it's working.
In regards to breakfast the Chef and his team bakes the banana bread and muffins fresh and everyone gets together to create a daily smoothie. How often do you get a shooter for breakfast !
Eric is family to everyone of every age group and loves to have guests join him around the piano. It's amazing how he can remember faces and their favourite songs. The more people singing with him the merrier. A truly fun way to finish off your evening.
We all look forward to your return and if I can assist you with your next reservation please call me as I am usually always here. If not leave a message and I'll return your call right away.
Please know that you too create a fantastic atmosphere. Again, thank you from all of us.
Thornhill, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We visited for a second time in Aug 2013. It is just a comfortable venue to relax and enjoy the setting and the great food. The prices are reasonable and I don't think you can get a better quality property in Muskoka. The only drawback is the fact that there is not a lot of local activity but Bala is a small community worthwhile visiting with a great bakery. Also, the Trent Severn Big Chute Marine Railway Lock 44 is close by as is Lock 45 right next door. This is a great property to visit and relax and enjoy the Spa Services.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
First of all, we are truly happy to receive a second great review from you regarding your recent stay. To be able to share in making your second stay with us delightful couldn't have pleased us more. Hopefully we can carry on the tradition for many years to come and soon I hope.
On the other side about your comments on things to do in the area please do not hesitate to contact me directly for some suggestions as to venues nearby Rawley. (even more bakeries)! I would be more than pleased to hear from you and we can discuss in more detail the following:
some uaint shops in nearby Coldwater which is close by.Very nice clothing store. Local activities include the Martry's Shrine (where Pope John visited) St. Marie among the Huron's, Discovery Harbour, Kings Wharf theatre, a boat trip on the day "Tripper" to Beausoleil Island in Georgian Bay (our kitchen can prepare a picnic lunch. Cycling and walking trails, horseback riding. Or you can sit back relax, visit the spa, sun at the pool, sip a refreshing beverage on the patio, maybe a banana split and sit on our waterfront Muskoka chairs, enjoy watching the boats go by on their way to Georgian Bay.
Looking forward to hearing from you and again thank you the staff are going to be so pleased to read your very thoughtful and kind review.
Port Severn, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We had a friend visiting who wanted to take us out for a special dinner. Two of us had the Lobster Pasta dish. On first appearance it look like the dish contained lots of coral and white pieces of lobster meat. Upon tasting the food we realized it was carrot and cauliflower! After we complained the chef brought out a 3-4oz tail that he split between us. At $30.00 a plate we would have expected lots of lobster... The chef did the right thing and did not charge us. The dinning room is wonderful, and the waitress was great! This is a great venue and could do very well, but this isn't the first disappointment we've had here with what comes out of the kitchen.

Room Tip: We did not stay at the hotel which I believe to be very good. We ate in the hotel dinning room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
OwnerRawleyResort, Owner at Rawley Resort, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
I would have preferred receiving your feedback personally and I know you hae my phone number. You know me and you could have spoken with me.
I don't feel giving Rawley a poor rating as you did is fair given the fact that we have all tried so hard to please you and make the situation right.
There is always service hiccups in any business. It was a very embarassing siutation, not only for our staff, but for the other guests sitting around you. The Chef was very insulted by your other comments that you shared with him and others around you. You casually dismissed the server and Chef's feelings. You can offer constructive criticism about a problem with kind words. Kind words produce positive results.
It stings, but we have done all we can to try and please you and nothing has worked. Along with the two Trip Advisor reviews submitted from you we have received many verbal complaints on everyone of your past visits. This is not an isolated visit to Rawley, and each visit you have complained. We feel we are being a good neighbour. We provide a beautiful asset to the community, a fine place,excellent fare and a fair value for the prices we charge. With the lovely atmosphere, beautiful landscaped grounds, wonderful staff, and entertainment the majority of our guests are very pleased. We strive to offer the best of service to ensure a great stay and dining room experience for our guests.
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We just returned from a 2 night, midweek stay in a premium, one bedroom, waterview suite. From the moment we arrived, to when we reluctantly departed, this boutique resort provided us with an exceptional experience...........our suite was outstanding, the decor quiet but elegant, the view serene, the service excellent, the food gourmet quality (thanks Andreas!). The dining room staff, MaryLynn, Kaci and Carly made every meal a pleasure. Evening entertainment provided by a guitarist (Adrien) and a pianist during dinners was very enjoyable.

The owners, Liz and Barry, were visible and it was a delight to have met them and shared our experiences with them.

We have stayed at Deerhurst many times, but as far as we are concerned, Rawley Resort is now our first choice in the Huronia/Muskoka region.

Ted & Sandy

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. You stayed in one of our most popular one bedroom suites and we are pleased that you enjoyed it. The staff and Chef and going to be so pleased when they receive a copy of your review. We have a great team here so It's very rewarding for everyone when they work so hard and enjoy their job so much that guests like yourselves let them know their hard work is appreciated. We want you to sit back, relax, laugh and enoy yourselves and from my observation you did. That's the goal we strive for.
We truly look forward to welcoming you back and we hope that will be very soon.
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Rawley Inn this past Saturday in May. We were so pleased with the whole experience.
The room was ready upon our arrival and it was beautiful. Our balcony allowed us a lovely view of the water and the property. It was a great weekend weather wise for May. We met some nice people at pool side and enjoyed their company later that night sitting around the piano with Eric as he led us all in a sing song. What a blast.
My gluten free dinner was outstanding. Chef Andy was right on top of things. He came and talked to my husband and I and made sure our meal was everything we ordered. Mary Lynn was a super server and we had a good chat with her.
The staff on the front desk were very nice and efficient. Always it is nice to see Liz and Barry the owners. What a great experience. We were happy to have been back at the Rawley after a couple of years. It is still our favourite spot to relax and enjoy some quality time together. Thanks Rawley staff for making us feel so welcome.

Room Tip: A suite facing the water with a balcony is our favourite. They have lovely lounge chairs and it is a...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
OwnerRawleyResort, Owner at Rawley Resort, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
All of us at Rawley thank you for your nice review. We are pleased that we made your stay so enjoyable....from check in, suite, to weather,singing around the piano to the service and the food. We are very conscious of our guests food allergies from the time you make your reservation with front desk to the Chef being creative we try our best to make sure your meals are to your liking if we can.
It is such a pleasure to have you here with us. Please know that I am going to share your review with all the Rawley team. They'll be so pleased to read it. Thank you for taking the time to send this review we really appreciate it.
Come back to us very soon !! We'll be waiting for you.
Torontoq
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Me and my wife had honestly one of the best weekends ever. The rooms were magnificent. The furniture is gorgeous and the service is amazing. The staff were just awesome from the front desk to the wait staff even the chef! He came out to talk to us to ask us how our meals were...which were the best plated and tasting meals ever!! There was nothing bad to say about the Rawley resort. I would highly recommend this place to any one looking for romance and luxury

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a lovely review of your stay with us. We are all pleased that we made it the best
weekend ever for you both!! Extra special is what we like to hear. Everyone here enjoyed both your company. You put a smile on everyone's face here. Thank you for that.
I know the Chef will certainly be happy that you enjoyed your meals.
It's great to hear you are coming back .... we hope soon. I will make sure all the staff reads your kind words. Again, thank you from all of us at Rawley Resort & Marina.

Been to Rawley Resort? Share your experiences!