“beautiful view from my room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lava View Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Probolinggo
Lava View Lodge
You added Lava View Lodge to your Saves list
Cemorolawang, Probolinggo, Indonesia   |
Denpasar, Indonesia
“beautiful view from my room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

nice place..beautiful view from my room. you can see the mountain , you can see sunrise n sunset from here. amazing... but bbbrrrrrr so cold, you must be prepare well.
24 hour service, refreshing water in bathroom...welcome drink is so well...

Room Tip: when you stay at upper room you got the better view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Cambridge
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

The first room allocated to us on our Exodus tour was room 106 which was appalling. Dismally dark, dirty looking, damp and a bathroom with a water heater which looked lethal. We paid the extra to upgrade to another room which was marginally better....at least it had a window and the bathroom was slightly better. It is very basic, no mod cons but at least it had hot water.
It was worth putting up with the accommodation for the location as it looked straight over the sand sea and Mount Bromo. Amazing view and a 20 minute walk down a steep road to the sand sea. We walked about 300 metres beyond the hotel to watch the sunset high up on a hill which was lovely.
The food was reasonable and in the evening they had a guitarist playing in the restaurant who was very good, great personality and added some real atmosphere to the place. Recommend you stay here for the view and location but be prepared for pretty basic accommodation and don't have the bottom end room which they call 'superior standard' as it's far from superior!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This lodge is located in perfect area to visit Mt. Bromo. The view from this lodge is fantastic ... you can see Mt. Bromo, Mt. Batok and the sea sand clearly.
The room is average, hot water is available but at very low temperature. When we wanted to have dinner, the restaurant were out of stock for some dishes.
For sure, with some efforts they can improve the quality and will attrack more tourists.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I arrived the lodge in the night, and I had only spent 12 hours. But the view is indeed great. We are facing right in front of Bromo National Park.

Few comments I had:
1) I hate how the key chain was designed. It is so big and when I turned on the knob, I had to flip this key chain every turn I made to lock or unlock the door.
2) My room mate complaint that there is a weird smell, but I am fine with it. Given that it is in a cold environment, it is hard for the bacteria germs to kill it, although it should be done better.
3) I love the breakfast food, but the variety of selection is very little. And facing right in front of the Bromo National Park makes my breakfast perfect.
4) Given the amount I paid for the lodge, I think everything is valuable. I think some people are expecting too much for the low price?
5) I wish there will be more plug sockets available for me. =)

Do check out my comprehensive Bromo trip with the pictures here and plan your trip well: http://fleaflenfren.blogspot.sg/2014/04/weekend-runaway-trip-from-sg-indonesia.html

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Port Macquarie, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I am not going to suggest that you would stay at the Lava View Lodge for its luxury. We arrived in the night time and that was probably best, staff suggested we have dinner straight away before it closed which was a good idea. The meal was of a high standard and our group,even though very tired had a great time in the restaurant and there was some light hearted bantering with staff.
My room was pretty drab, the hot water service didn't work, the quilt on the bed was damp as it seems the sheets were. I spoke to other people from our group and there beds were the same, so I assume it had to be the moisture in the air. We had to be up by 3.30am for the Bromo Sunrise Tour so,we didn't end up spending much time either in bed or in the room. I don't think there is much choice in this area, but we had a good time and the views the next morning of the volcano were spectacular. The staff were a lot if fun.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Stayed here overnight before heading to Mt bromo. As other reviewers have pointed out, there is a good view of Mt bromo. I stayed in the " superior room" which is okay given the hotel is located in a remote village. The thing which annoyed me was the gas powered heater which only provides hot water for 1-2 minutes before it shuts off. Hence, please remember to collect hot water in the pail provided as it takes 5-10 mins for the gas powered heater to reset. Not a good idea waiting naked in 15 degree Celsius weather for more hot water. I resorted to having to boil hot water with kettle provided to supplement my hot water needs. Breakfast provided was decent but not great. Oh yes, wifi is provided in restaurant and reception only.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

The hotel is located pretty much right next to Mt. Bromo thus giving one spectacular views during the day. When we arrived at night we couldn't see a thing. Same case for the early morning as we ventured forth to see the sunrise at the lookout point. When we did return to the hotel the view was great.

The rooms are alright as most people would arrive the night before and then head off after that. One thing that is noted that if you want to shower, the hot water system is a bit iffy as at times it works perfectly fine. At times it couldn't fire up. So when it could fire up, there's a pail available and you just fill it up with the hot water and use the scoop.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Lava View Lodge? Share your experiences!