“serene and peacefull” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Serenita Spa Auberge

You added Serenita Spa Auberge to your Saves list
Serenita Spa Auberge
1130 Rang de la Riv. aux Ecorces, Saint-Alexis-des-Monts, Quebec J0K 1V0, Canada   |
“serene and peacefull”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

i went for 1 night and 2 days,and its as good and as accurate as all the reviews have said,edi and lois are great hosts!she is a great cook as well as being a really nice person,as for the place,it was the most peacefull travel experience ive ever had in my life,we were the only guests and the lake is small,so there are no motorboats,so in essence the only noise we heard were the birds and the ducks and the water when we swam,we kayaked and the infrared sauna and steam room were awasome,cant say enough about the experience

Room Tip: they are all good
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Serenita Spa Auberge for 2 days and enjoyed every minute of our time there. It is in a very beautiful setting far from traffic and is located on a very pretty lake. From every window you are surrounded by nature. We each had a massage done and we both enjoyed it very much. The meals are healthy and exquisite. The ambiance is warm and welcoming. I would recommend this quaint place to anyone wanting peace and tranquility.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I have stayed at the spa several times and finally decided to share my little piece of "heaven on Earth" with my friends. I have described to them the magical feeling of this place many times but experiencing it is worth more than words can ever say. And the hospitality of Edy and Louis-Pierre is wonderful.

Remote setting on lake front property, with your every need met... from food, to massages, to whirlpool, birds chirping, hamman detoxing, kayaking or swimming in the lake - it is really wonderful. Hospitality is something I have never experienced before - Edy shines from the inside and makes everyone feel right at home

When I return from this get away, I receive comments from co-workers wondering why I look so good!

I am definitely going back and my friends have started going with their friends too!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
edy53, Owner at Serenita Spa Auberge, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. It is much appreciated. We're looking forward to seeing you again. Best regards Edy and Louis Pierre
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

I just returned from a brief winter getaway with a girlfriend at the Serenita Spa. We arrived mid-afternoon Sunday and were shown to our individual, elegant rooms before a quick tour of the facilities. There are five guest rooms, two treatment rooms and two beautiful bathrooms; one with a huge old-fashioned tub on legs and the other with a large walk-in shower, both equipped with everything you need. Then we changed into the comfy plush robes provided in our rooms and immediately relaxed with a spa treatment each. My friend enjoyed her massage with Edy while I chose the spa reflexology with Louisette, which was fantastic! Afterwards we sat by the fire in the spacious sitting room, enjoyed a glass of white wine and some nuts before heading off to the infrared sauna. We chose not to use the steam room that was also available for us to use, instead opting for another glass of wine, this time outdoors in the Jacuzzi; pure luxury! We had wanted to go snow-shoeing (snow shoes can be rented!) but the weather was not conducive to venturing out in the surrounding woods or on the frozen lake (too windy and snowy). For dinner we enjoyed a delicious and beautifully prepared meal. Throughout our stay, we had the opportunity to get to know our amazing hosts, Edy and Louis-Pierre, and it was like visiting friends; their hospitality and care are exceptional. After an incredibly peaceful sleep and fantastic breakfast in the morning, my friend and I both tried the pressotherapy – inflatable boots that massage the legs - a very unique experience that was relaxing as well!! I highly recommend this spa and look forward to visiting again!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

Simply described as one of the most amazing culinary experiences for the senses, combined with a refreshing retreat in a picturesque area. The SPA provides a most caring, warm and relaxing environment; to name only a few qualities from many attributes. The uniqueness of services offered are quite exceptional.

Most inspirational was oil painting on the dock... While capturing the essence of the willow embracing the shores of the lake (I was refreshing myself by periodically dipping)— satisfied clients were expressing their amazing massage experiences and facial treatments... with sighs of contentment.

Serenita SPA is well worth the experience and money invested for a get-away. I have frequented this SPA three times with my husband and friends; during the summer and the winter. Every season has an adventure and delicious delights to offer for ALL your senses!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

Our stay at Spa Serenita totally surpassed our expectations. We felt as if we were welcomed into our host's home which was immaculate and cozy at the same time. Country feel with all the modern amenities of the city. The food was exceptional - gastronomic yet healthy! Services: the reflexology restored my bodies balance within the hour, and the hot stone massage was the best I've ever had.
Can't wait for another trip to Serenita!
Marla Bercovitch

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

I stayed at Serenita Spa (www.serenita.ca) for one weekend of total bliss. Edi is a consummate hostess and knows how to make all of her guests feel at ease. She is also an extremely talented gourmet chef. We enjoyed fresh local delicacies, including duck, foie gras, pâté, and organic produce, culminating in her famous seven-course exquisite Italian dinner the final night.
Her lakefront spa is nestled in an intimate location surrounded by lush forest. Serenita Spa is a little piece of heaven that everyone needs from time to time to recharge their batteries and come back with a renewed and refreshed frame of mind.
Myles McKelvey, Montreal, Canada

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Serenita Spa Auberge? Share your experiences!