“an other good location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Fontainebleau Ury

You added Novotel Fontainebleau Ury to your Saves list
Novotel Fontainebleau Ury
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Route Nationale 152 | Chemin de Melun, 77760 Ury, France   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ury
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Hope, Pennsylvania
“an other good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

One more time I was happy to have my copilote named GPS as coming from the back road at one point I felt I was going to harvest sugar beets!!!!! but eventually I did arrive at the hotel which is in the middle of nowhere. The rooms and bath room seem to be a carbon copy of the amenities of the Mercure hotels as they are part of the same accor group.This hotel is absolutely perfect when traveling from the south of France and departing from Orly airport the following day as the drive from the hotel to the airport takes only 45 minutes to one hour.
The breakfast is very satisfying and the price correct .

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor very close to the front desk and enjoyed it.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Novotel Fontainebleau,Ury with a group of 31 who arrived by coach. We understood that there would be a swimming pool available to use but when my husband went for a swim the pool was covered over. It was a great disappointment. When he queried this at reception he was told it was closed for refurbishment. We should have been informed of this when we arrived. The hotel was being refurbished when we arrived. The hotel is isolated in its own grounds in the forest and a car is necessary as there is no where to wander in the evenings. Fontainbleau is a drive away. It is alright for an overnight stop.
There were a lot of people staying for a conference so we had to eat in the foyer. There were only 31 of us but at some meals there would not be enough cups for all of us. At other meals there would not be enough cereal bowls so cups were used. On the last day there were no plates to eat off at breakfast so my husband went into the kitchen to find some. It appeared that group at the they were short staffed and there was no one in charge. When the toaster was put on the electric tripped off. There was no one at the bar after dinner and on one occasion a visitor from the conference went behind the bar to have a good look at things. My husband went up to her and asked what she was doing there. Eventually she left. The hotel now looks very smart but the lack of staff meant there was no one to supervise the breakfast area so we had to chase up more milk, butter etc. As a coach party we felt unwelcome.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
H0384GM, Directeur général at Novotel Fontainebleau Ury, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Your stay in my hotel clearly did not meet your expectations and you have highlighted certain issues regarding the services that we provided.

Firstly, please allow me to say how sorry I am that we did not meet your expectations.
I consider such matters to be extremely important, your comments have therefore been shared with my team and together we are working on solving these issues so that our service will no longer disappoint in this area.

Should you be prepared to give me your telephone number, I would like to call you to further discuss this matter directly.

I do hope that, despite these issues, we will be able to welcome you again as a client of Novotel. Should you choose to stay in my hotel again, please do not hesitate to call me or to send me an e-mail. I will personally ensure that you get a room that will meet your expectations.

Yours sincerely,

Cyril GAST

Been to Novotel Fontainebleau Ury? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Novotel Fontainebleau Ury

Address: Route Nationale 152 | Chemin de Melun, 77760 Ury, France
Location: France > Ile-de-France > Seine-et-Marne > Ury
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ury
Hotel Class:4 star — Novotel Fontainebleau Ury 4*
The 4-star Novotel Fontainebleau Ury was fully-renovated in spring 2013 and has 126 rooms located 6.2 miles (10 km) from Fontainebleau and its palace. The hotel has a restaurant with terrace, a bar and a spa with an outdoor swimming pool heated to 30 degrees year round. It also offers more than 10,765 sq. ft (1000 m²) of rooms for conferences, meetings and family events of up to 300 people. The hotel is accessible from exit 14 of the A6 and has free unlimited WIFI and an enclosed car park. Hotel highlightsGet some fresh air just 1 hour from Paris and enjoy a swim in our outdoor swimming pool, heated to 30 degrees all year round and accessible from inside our spa, it's just like being in the mountains! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Novotel Fontainebleau Ury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Novotel Fontainebleau
Ury Novotel
Accor Fontainebleau Ury

If you own or manage Novotel Fontainebleau Ury, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.