“Really good food and relaxed atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

0151 336 1963
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Marsh Cat Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Parkgate
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Bistro
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Wirral
“Really good food and relaxed atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Went recently with a group and we all ordered from the festive menu. The food arrived in good time, was well-presented and was very, very tasty indeed. Everything tasted fresh and was thoughtfully presented. The wine was also very good and reasonably priced. A lovely location and a great venue for an evening somewhere away from the norm.

Visited December 2013

Bromborough, United Kingdom
“Would happily go back tomorrow..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

The Marsh Cat was an excellent choice of venue, making for an excellent night, and I would definitely go back there on other occasions. For our works night out, they accommodated for a large party of people, giving us a table upstairs with the floor to ourselves, which also gave fantastic views. The decor and atmosphere was modern yet warm, and the music being played wasn't too loud, which you often find in other places. Staff members were friendly and happy to join in with the banter, even after climbing the stairs to bring us more and more wine! Speaking of which, the choice of beverages was extensive and varied, and the Festive Menu had something for everyone. We were offered bread rolls before our starter, and coffee after the meal, which was a lovely touch. As its Christmas time, I went for the turkey dinner, and it was absolutely delicious, as was the rest of the food. I would definitely recommend you visit this restaurant.

Bebington, United Kingdom
“Marsh Cat! I have to let the 'cat' out of the bag!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Upon hearing a promotional offer on the radio myself and some work colleagues decided to go for a mid-week evening meal at the Marsh Cat. Im glad we did! The restaurant is cosy and intimate, the staff are extremely diligent and friendly and the food was marvellous! My Sirloin arrived cooked for me perfectly as specified which I partnered up with a bottle of the house Rose which was reasonably priced and went down a treat! Parkgate itself is a truly picturesque part of the northwest so it was a pleasure to enjoy the views over the rolling marshes in this little gem of a restaurant! Well done guys! Friendly staff/great food/lovely surroundings! =)

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“A fabulous meal at The Marsh Cat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Enjoyed a great meal, at The Marsh Cat last night, as I have never been here before I wasnt sure what to expect. Nick the manager was very polite and ensured we where happy with all of our food. I had a turkey roast dinner for my main which was absoloutly fabulous cooked to perfection and a suitable size. I would definitly return to The Marsh Cat and have advised my friends to also visit soon.

west kirby
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

My wife and I took our very young son to the Marsh Cat following a walk in Parkgate. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, letting us bring our pram in and making us feel extremely welcome. I had Pan Fried Cod, which was absolutely gorgeous, and my wife had a roast dinner which she said was great. The price was very reasonable and overall it was a great afternoon.