“Very enjoyable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Sand Bar & Seafood Co. Ltd.

The Sand Bar & Seafood Co. Ltd.
71 Broadway, Leigh-on Sea, Southend-on-Sea, England
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 113 Restaurants in Leigh-on Sea
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Sand Bar & Seafood Co. has been apart of the Leigh Community for 15 years. We're a family run Restaurant with a love of Seafood. Everyday we learn some new, even after all these years, but we always have the ultimate aim of improving ourselves. We are Doggy friendly, and your pooch is welcome in our Downstairs Bar & Restaurant Area.We have a Wedding Licence and have held many weddings here. We have an upstairs Restaurant, which is used for many kinds of special occasions, Birthdays, Funerals, Business dinners, Company Events, Charities evenings, Film nights, Fashion Shows, Plays, Cooking Classes,Dance Classes & many other events. We haven't had a Doggy Fashion Show yet, but give us time!
London
“Very enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Have just arrived home after a very enjoyable meal this evening at the Sand Bar. Cannot fault the food, the staff were pleasant and the atmosphere was lovely, it also attracts a very nice clientele. Would definitely go back again.

Visited January 2014
ourword, Owner at The Sand Bar & Seafood Co. Ltd., responded to this review, January 21, 2014
they say nice people encourage other nice people, so you are obviously lovely. Thank you for your review, need all the good ones we can get. We put so much love and passion into what we do, so when someone is happy we're happy. take care Louise

London, United Kingdom
“A Good Experience Overall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I phoned to book a table for 7 for lunch and lady asked me to hold, I held for 2 mins, odd I thought, then was told it was fine as long as vacate table by 3.30pm. OK I said. Wondered why their restaurant would be packed out at mid-afternoon. Anyway, turned up and found a large wedding party going on! Some of my party wanted to leave because of the noise and I should have been told/warned about it to be honest. But after 15 minutes the wedding party went upstairs (we were downstairs) and all was fine. Friendly service and good food, promptly served which was a surprise with all the wedding party guests also being in the restaurant. A child in our group was disappointed no burger and chips available (it is listed on the internet menu) but the chef cooked sausage and chips for her and she was happy. One quibble - an additional scoop of ice cream wouldn't go amiss as desserts were small for the price, though tasty.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your lovely review. If you come back and do not see anything on the menu for your children please ask and we will always try to come up with something that will make them happy. take care Louise
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Reliably good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Had another great quality meal with friends. What I like about the Sand Bar are the professional staff who are always so accommodating. We sat at the high bar tables before dinner with a bottle of fizz, we looked at the menus there. Once at our table the delicious starters and mains came and all great quality. I will always recommend it. Thank you Sand Bar.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ourword, Owner at The Sand Bar & Seafood Co. Ltd., responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review. I hope you have an amazing New Year's Eve, and take care Louise
london
“Fantastic as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Brilliant night of celebrations for my Sister's birthday. There were around 20 of us all ordering drinks and food in the bar area at different times and wonderful Gjovan couldn't have looked after us any better so thank you. We chose the Sandbar as the ambiance is lovely and the food is always good, everyone in our party had a great night and will now be regulars like ourselves. Thank you to all the staff who are always very welcoming and hard working, see you soon.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for your Review, I know Gjovan loves looking after you. He told me that you were really warm and friendly. Have a Fantastic New Year's Eve, take care Louise
Westcliff-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Yummy fish stew and dog friendly too!.........”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I have just had a lovely relaxed meal with my son and two small dogs (there is an upstairs seating area here for non-doggy people). Our food was tasty and hot - lovely fish and mussels, oh and fat chips like my mums'.
Well done Sand Bar for being doggy friendly - it was nice to be able to eat a proper meal, at a proper table - not shoved out the front or back or in the cold just because of the dogs! - we will return for the lovely food and atmosphere and of course the luxury of being able to take my dogs with me!......

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much, our aim it to be like places my husband and I go to when we take our doggies on holiday in France. Hope to see you again, take care and happy new year Louise