“Really good” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Falkirk, Scotland
“Really good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed in John O Groats and popped in here on the way back from Castletown/Thurso on afternoon.

Dont be put off when you walk in and the bit we eat in was in the front door and just keep walking straight through the back - was a nice place to sit and the service and food was really good.

Wish we had popped in earlier in the week but will be back next trip.

Visited July 2013

thurso
“Donnie and Shirley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Donnie and Shirley always make sure you get 5 star food and service one of the best places to eat in Caithness they will catering for any special request great Roast on every Sunday

Visited July 2013
Halkirk, United Kingdom
“carvery to die for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Amazing Sunday carvery, good value and great food... the staff were very helpful and the venue surprisingly roomy, only problem was finding parking but worth doing!

Visited April 2013
Thurso, United Kingdom
“Customer service?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have eaten at the Northern Sands a number of times over the last couple of years. Last time my family attempted to go for lunch there, the waitress informed us that we were too late to order (at just past 1.30) so we had to eat elsewhere. Previously (on a Sunday visit) I was told I could not park in the main car park as I would get in the way of 'regulars' coming for their Sunday roast - despite me telling the man (who was dressed in chef whites) that I was supposed to be dining there..... When I have actually managed to procure a meal here, the food has been very good. But customer service? Hmmmmm - I think the kindest thing I can say is that it can be a little hit-and-miss, depending on who you are dealing with. A shame, because when we dine out en famille(which is quite frequent), we rarely spend less than £100...

Visited June 2012
Corsham
“Fab food... would highly recommend, the restaurant was packed and service and food was faultless.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Nothing to say... all was good good, good and would highly recommed and stay at the hotel and a meal in the restaurant.

Visited March 2013

Been to Northen Sands Hotel Restaurant? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Northen Sands Hotel Restaurant, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.