“Ideal for the purpose” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Krishna Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Guruvayur
Krishna Inn
You added Krishna Inn to your Saves list
East Nada,, Guruvayur 680101, India   |
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Guruvayur
“Ideal for the purpose”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Courteous staff, clean environment and decent service. The main and satellite temples were only a walk away from the hotel. The only thing I found disappointing was that when my credit card did not go through at the first few attempts, I offered to pay in US$ as I didn't have much Indian currency. They flatly refused, also booking through their website was an issue, had to do it through a phone call - barring that, a good experience.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed for 1 night as part of our guruvayoor temple visit / prayers. Close to the temple ( within 5 mins by walk) and very convenient. Probably one of the better hotels in the area as well, comparing to other hotels in the vicinity.
Rooms looked better than in the photos in this website, they were also clean and spacious. Nice hot water in the shower area although we used our own toiletries. Breakfast had a good spread of traditional South Indian dishes , all vegetarian of course.
There was nothing exceptional about the hotel or its staff really, and I wouldn't say it was luxurious.
But we certainly had a comfortable stay and as I said, it fits the purpose of the trip -which was to mainly visit the temple.
Wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hyderabad, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I stayed in this hotel along with family. The hotel staff are uncourteous.The hotel is located very nearer to the temple. It is a old hotel. Rooms and Toilets are not updated/renovated Complimentary buffet breakfast is average. Considering the state of the hotel/rooms,it is highly priced.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I had been to this great Hotel called Krishnainn during January this year for attending a marriage.We were 5 of us,myself, my wife,two children,my mother.We booked two rooms, one room for two days and one room for one day since they have a check in time of 2pm. The rooms come along with breakfast. So technicaly I have paid for 7 breakfasts. We had breakfast on the day we arrived. The next day as we had to attend the marriage,we had breakfast at the marriage function. After the marriage I had to check out as I had to go with the marriage party to Palakkad. While check out the receptionist gave me an extra bill of 3 breakfasts. I have already paid for 7 breakfasts for which we have had only for 5 persons. When I questioned this, the staff from the F&B dept in a rude manner asked the receptionist to collect the additional 3
Breakfast amount from us which I had already paid.Since I did not have time to argue as I had to leave with the marriage party to Palakkad, I was forced to pay the amount. one morwe thing which I would like to say about their breakfast is though it is a buffet, if you want to have a dosa you will have to pay extra. The behaviour of the Staff particularly the F& B Dept is so rude that they do not have any value for their customers. When they do not have any value for their customers, why should we value them. I would request my other customers, friends not to think about this hotel called krishnainn as there are much better hotels in the east nada(Kizhake Nada) like elite, kanoos and many more. In the west nada(Padinyare Nada) there is an excellent hotel called gokulam resorts, which has rooms that are much better than Krishnainn. We go to guruvayur to worship Lord Krishna Gururuvayurappan or to attend any important function. So I request all my other customers, colleagues, friends and family members to look into hotels such as these few names which I have mentioned who actually value their customers rather than going to places like krishnainn and facing the arrogant staff .

Room Tip: What is the use?
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We spent one night at this hotel this week. This is a very good hotel with an amazing location, especially if one wants to visit the temple in early hours. Good room, with matching beds and air conditioning. Sufficient place for extra cot.
They provided complementary buffet breakfast which was excellent. However, the coffee got finished and we never got to see the refill.
A drawback is that the windows overlook the next building and the curtains have to be kept drawn always.
Also, the place got very crowded and loud as there was a wedding function. Overall a very satisfying experience though this place is priced high.

Thx.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

chennai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

There are hotels, that charge you a lot and provide below average services. But Krishna Inn proved to be very different in that aspect. We stayed there for one day, and found that it is really good. They have huge parking space. In real, the hotel appears very good and tidy.

The rooms were huge, the beds are great and the A/C are excellent. I never faced any issues while staying there and the room service is great too. Initially I was skeptical about the higher room rent, but it is justified when you observe that the entire package is worth it.

The hotel is very near to Guruvayoor temple. Just that the main entrance is a tad small entrance. But beyond that, it is a huge compound and you get a lot of space and the big hotel building.

Overall, highly recommended if you dont mind spending extra for very good no-nonsense stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I always stay at this place. It's close to the temple, excellent facilities and rooms and courteous staff. The parking was an issue, but the have plenty of partings now with the adjacent plot been added to the hotel

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Krishna Inn? Share your experiences!