We stayed here for 3 nights while visiting some old friends and old haunts in the Swansea area. Our room (217) was compact but contained everything we needed for a short stay. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was a masterpiece of design for a small space. We had a walk in shower, plentiful hot water and fresh fluffy towels each day. There was a great flat screen tv and free wifi (although only for one device).
Breakfast was advertised as "continental with some hot items" and we were agreably surprised to find, sausages, beans and scrambled eggs available in addition to the cereals, yogurts, bread rolls, croissants, toast, cheese, grapefruit and plentiful fresh fruit. The breakfast slot is also quite long so the hotel suits holiday makers and business people, and the available food was constantly replenished with fresh supplies.
The hotel was clean and modern throughout, the soundproofing was very good and the staff were pleasant and helpful. Although there is no provision for evening meals there is a Harvester restaurant on the site which was ok and Swansea itself is an easy 10 minute drive and there is plenty to do and see there. (Don't miss the Dylan thomas Centre). The hotel is also an ideal base for day trips further along the coast to Tenby etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the easy-access Holiday Inn Express Swansea - East, close to city centre offices and beach escapes. Our friendly staff will greet you as you arrive in the bright Lobby at the Holiday Inn Express Swansea-East. Our quiet hotel, with its leafy garden and large car park, is just 1 minute from the London-bound M4 motorway and 41 miles from Cardiff International Airport. It's just a 10-minute drive from the Holiday Inn Express Swansea West to the DVLA and Swansea Council's city centre offices. Invite delegates to our 3 bright meeting rooms, and access free WiFi. Stay in touch with wireless Internet in your Guest room or simply relax and watch your favourite shows on our new 32-inch flat screen TVs. Your tour of the Gower Peninsula's dramatic coastline starts at the Victorian seaside town of Mumbles, 13 miles away. The Brecon Beacons National Park, with its waterfalls and valleys, is 30 minutes by car. Wake up daily to our complimentary continental breakfast with selected hot items served in the comfort of the Great Room lounge daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, HostelBookers, Agoda, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Swansea East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Swansea West m4, Jct 43 Hotel Llandarcy
- Holiday Inn Express Llandarcy
- Holiday Inn Swansea
- Llandarcy Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Llandarcy
- Holiday Inn Express Swansea East Llandarcy, Wales