“Serenity” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Sang Hyang Bay, Bali 80771, Indonesia   |
Ranked #7 of 10 hotels in Nusa Lembongan
“Serenity”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Just a little place in paradise, great service from all Wali and his staff. Allowed a very late checkout till our boat arrived. Don't forget your Aerogard.
If you like the feel of soft sand between your toes with a laid back attitude then this resort is a must.
Recommend to all.

• Stayed August 2012

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

We spemt a wonderful relaxing time in Waka Nusa resort. It is very well located at Mushroom Bay nearby a small village with good restaurants and activities such as motorbike rental, massage, bar, boats etc. Lembongan is a lovely island with different landscapes and coastlines at every corner.

• Stayed August 2012
Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

the hotel is located on mushroom bay which has a few other hotels / restaurants, day trippers do come to the beach here so we explored the rest of the island during the day. the huts were nice but don't expect luxury and modern amenities. the bathroom didn't have a door and the hut was not completely sealed / insulated. we had the breakfast which was okay but not the best although serving size was very generous. and expect the dished to have cracks and not be sparkling white. there are two good restaurants nearby, Gomez and Barbarella. the staff was nice. if you like snorkeling, rent a motorbike and go to the Mangroves or hire a boat to Crystal Bay or Gamut point at neighboring Nusa Peninda. would also recommend eating at the Sandy Bay beach club,its not within walking distance but I think they will pick you up.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Coolum Beach, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed in Waka Nusa for 2 nights during our stay in Bali - and found it very relaxing and nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of Kuta. The staff and people on the island are extremely friendly and the facilities in the resort are great. The island is really quiet, except we were there over the 3 days of the religious ceremony right next door so there was ALOT of singing over loud speakers etc..however this only happens every 6 months, but definitely research the dates before you head there. The traditional Bali huts are excellent! We would definitely recommend to friends & family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Helsinki
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Just got back from a one-night trip to Lembongan, and have to admit that Waka Nusa resort isn't really value for your money. At least if you're paying high season prices, which are above 140 US dollars.
The location in Mushroom bay is very good, but that's about it. Rooms (or traditional cottages) are in desperate need of new upholstery and textiles, also lighting needs improvement. There were no reading lamps. I wasn't at all happy to dry myself in the used-to-be-white towels. Wifi doesn't work well in rooms, only in the pool & restaurant area by the beach. AC just about works (constantly at 26C). There's no safety deposit box in the room, and that for me came at a costly price... Forgot my purse in my room when going for breakfast and as it happened, had 100€ stolen during the 45 minutes time I was away. Housekeeping had been to my room during that time (which I wondered as I was checking out the same day - what's the point doing my bed and changing towels as they would have to do it again in a few hours? Would understand if I was in a luxury hotel...)The hotel manager handled the situation quite ok , police were called in and I think they at least talked to all housekeepers and I got a report for the insurance company. I travel quite a bit and this was the first such lousy incident for me - well, a good reminder to insist on a safety deposit box. Which they have at the front desk, but I was never told about it.
The pool area is nice with refreshing and clean water and you have a good view to the bay.
Breakfast was very good and you can order just about anything off the menu (if your room rate includes breakfast.) Lunch wasn't anything special, medium tuna was cooked well done and veggies were almost cold. But there are couple of nice restaurants nearby on the beach. The Beach Club at Sandy bay was a different story - impeccable service, very good, fresh food and an awesome view! They have a pick up service, so no need to drive back after a few drinks.
Because of the incident in the morning, didn't have time to venture the rest of the island, but it looks beautiful, so I probably will be back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Sacramento
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Spent two nights after a very busy week in Seminyak Bali. I looked forward to not doing much of anything and this spot is perfect for a quiet couple of days. Got a chance to get a little closer to the locals. Hopped on a scooter at the last minute to take a ride through the seaweed plantation and cliff diving spot. Breathtaking views all along the way. The food at Waka Nusa was exceptionally good. The staff eager to please and friendly. The free snorkel trip was pretty good and the price was right! I had the boat and driver to myself but only stayed about an hour. Had a beautiful massage there as well. The two girls I travelled there with only stayed one night as they felt there beach hut which was further in the trees was not clean enough and saw spiders. The huts are not sealed against bugs but I kind of accepted this with the whole idea of a beach hut. In any case I did not see any spiders myself. On the whole a really pleasant experience for a couple of days.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Bali, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I was stay there with 2 others friend. It was our first time visit Nusa Lembongan, we were so excited. We had good experience by their warm welcoming.
In the afternoon, we were had tour in village (as their facility), the guide was doing good job by inform and explain us about Seaweed farmers and Gala – gala underground house.
We had a good experience also, when we felt boring in the room and we found out that there is equipment to play badminton. There is a security who accompanied us, very nice and friendly mane.

Unfortunately, we have bad experience also, when we have a breakfast, there is a man staff who standing beside us but actually he didn’t do anything. He didn’t explaining well us anything about breakfast menu After we ordered, the man was serve the other guest, I remember there were 2 table that he served, all was foreigners. We heard clearly, that he explaining the menu very well, so we thought why this man have a different ‘style’ to serve between us and others?
We have to wait more than 30 minutes for our breakfast. And the way he serve the other table and us, was different, he completely friendly and smiley to foreigners, and its not happened to us. Even we said “thank you” many times, he just leave us with unfriendly face (maybe he was forget to say “sama-sama” with smile). Again, its different with the other table.

In our opinion, this is bad habit in concern how to handled local and foreigner, it’s too striking. At the end, we do really disappointed and try not to stay at Waka Nusa anymore.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to NusaBay By WHM? Share your experiences!