“Excellent espresso and desserts!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bali Eco Deli

Bali Eco Deli
Jalan Raya Jungut Batu | North side, at the end of Jungut Batu village, Bali 80000, Indonesia
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Dessert, Vegetarian, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: A cozy place on the main road, behind the busy beach of Jungut Batu. Our menu includes tasty breakfasts, real espresso & mixes (Cappuccino, Latte, Mocha, ...), iced teas & coffees, juiced fruits, smoothies and home-made treats such as cookies, brownies, banana bread & home-baked bread ! We also offer light meals & tasty salads for brunch, lunch or as mid afternoon snack if you prefer. Everything is made to order in house using ingredients sourced from organic & fair-trade farms across Indonesia. Open from 7AM to 7PM. Eat-in & Take-away. Free mineral water refills & WIFI for guests.
Xining, China
“Excellent espresso and desserts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Great to find this place, enjoyed everything that I tried there over multiple visits. All delicious espresso and daily-made desserts. Welcoming and friendly staff. So glad to find this responsibly run business on the island that also strives to care for the environment. Internet was also the most stable connection I found on the island. Wouldn't it be great to find more businesses like this on other islands!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
planet earth
“miserable staff ordinary cakes”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stopped by yesterday for a brownie and a piece of cake. Both very ordinary, the brownie was just a small slice of uniced chocolate cake. The 2 unsmiling women working here were unpleasant which i have not found to be the case anywhere else on lembongan or bali. Keep your cake we wont be back. As for the comment below about soy milk being difficult to foam i never have that problem when texturing milk for my customers....

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Valentin R, General Manager at Bali Eco Deli, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Hello there,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our small café.

I am sorry to read that you did not appreciate your brownie. Unfortunately when guests order a brownie we just serve a regular brownie made with nuts & from the finest chocolate & cocoa available in Indonesia and not some extraordinary cakes topped with icing ...

Obviously, I am not happy to read about your disappointing experience which did not meet the standards of service my staff & I try hard to provide as reflected by the vast majority of the reviews we receive & our guests daily feedback. Please accept my apologies if you found our staff unpleasant. However, "miserable" might sound a bit exaggerated if not rude.

As for your comment on soya milk, please let me get into more details : it is totally doable to get microfoam from soya milk. It is just not possible to achieve the same & consistent volume of microfoam as with dairy milk (see pictured cappuccino) from the soya milk locally available here. Lucky you if you got more Barista-friendly soya milk brands at home. I did too.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

gold coast
“not impressed-would not recommend.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

We went to this place based purly on the reviews, and I can assure you it is not worth the time or trip.

To start with the food was bland and the juice I got was gluggy and had a weird taste of milky- I ordered a pinaple chiller so dont know why it tasted like milk?

Iike the comments below I had a similar experience with the staff being unfriendly and quite frankly rude. I stood at the counter for a good couple of minutes waiting ti place my order and they stood with their backs to me talking to eachother and ignored me standing there trying to order.

Not impressed. Definatly not 5 star and would not make the time to go back.

Visited January 2014
Valentin R, General Manager at Bali Eco Deli, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Hello bre t,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

As a general note, we are happy to be on top of the list of Nusa Lembongan restaurants but please keep in mind that Bali Eco Deli is just a coffee shop. Nothing fancy there. Other places on top of the list are 5* resorts level, we are just not & we do not pretend neither intend to get even close to this. We try to keep it simple. Sorry about that.

That being said, I am sorry to read about your disappointing visit and your general feeling about our place.

Negative feedback is always useful as it might helps to improve our operation. We try very hard to always provide the same quality of service as described by the vast majority of Trip Advisor reviews (again for the kind of place we are) and I am sorry to read you did not get what you expected during your visit.

I don't know exactly what food you ordered but generally what you qualify as "bland" has been qualified by hundreds of guests & 50+ Trip Advisor reviewers as tasty for the least. The same applies to the drink you ordered (which does not contain any milk ...) which is our best seller.

As for the service - as you may have noticed - we are quite a bit small operation : kitchen, bar & the covered table are squizzed in a 20 SQM space. Thus, all the staff is preparing the orders and serving them when things get busy. It's not even a question of organization or having more staff working at the same time, it's just a question of available space. We will move to a much bigger location in the coming months but meanwhile we try hard to get the best of what our current very limited space can offer.

Thus, from time to time and especially during peak hours staff might not be available right away for taking orders but focusing on preparing food & drinks. Staff is allowed to talk to each other when preparing orders. It might sound like a too much permissive way of working for some. I understand that waiting 2 minutes when on holidays might be unacceptable for some people ... Honestly I can only feel terribly sorry for such rushed people.

Again, thank you for your feedback and sorry we did not reach your expectations.

“Underwhelmed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

My husband and I sought this place out due to the claims about how good the coffee was. Well the espresso is average at best and certainly under par when judged by Australian standards. Also, if you look in the photo at the lovely milky foam on the coffee you will be surprised to be given a very different product. Milky, almost frothless drinks. They are overpriced for what they are. We love coffee and were prepared to pay for decent espresso but very disappointed.

We ordered banana bread to take away but when I saw the small chunk in the fridge (it was mid morning - was this really baked early that morning??) I realised that the piece we were about to have cut for us was to be so small that it was not worth it.

There is only one small table under cover and that was taken by a cat sprawled out on top the whole time we were there. As much as we love cats we would never allow our own onto the dining table at home let alone sleep there in full view of customers. Not hygienic and not a great attitude to paying customers. We would have loved a cooler table as the others are outside and its very hot there.

The whole time we were there the two female staff were busy chatting to each other and not at all attentive to us as customers. I had to get their attention to be served and also go to the counter to pay as at no point did they approach us and welcome us. We did not notice the brown paper menus on the table perhaps because we are accustomed to staff bringing menus in Bali so we were reading from signs on the fence. At no time did the staff member draw our attention to the menus.

For the rap this place gets I think you need to improve the product and its delivery.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Valentin R, General Manager at Bali Eco Deli, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Hello Gregmartaisaaccathy,

Thank you very much for your comprehensive review. I am sorry to read about your disappointing visit and your general feeling about our place.

Negative feedback is always useful as it might helps to improve our operation. We try very hard to always provide the same quality of service as described by the vast majority of Trip Advisor reviews and I am sorry to read you did not get it during your visit.

However, I am surprised by your comment on your espresso drinks : each drink is properly prepared following Italian standards. All our staff has been properly trained by a multiple awards winner Barista in Bali. Unless you order a Soya milk based drink - for which it is impossible to achieve the same level of foam as for dairy milk - you get the same level of quality as the drinks pictured in the photo. Always.

Finally, we plan to move to a much bigger location in the coming months where we will have more tables protected from the sun. At the moment we miss a lot of space both for the kitchen & to welcome guests as we would like to. My staff & I are very frustrated by the huge lack of space in the current location but unfortunately building a restaurant on the island takes so much time ...

Boden, Sweden
“Very Tasty and very good initiative!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Bali Eco Deli serves all kinds of delicious coffee's, icecoffees, cakes, cookies, sallads and juices. If you bring your plastic waste to get it recycled you get 10% off your bill and customers can fill up there waterbottle free of charge to help save our planet from all the plastic waste. Plastic is a huge problem on Bali and the other islands and I love the initiative to do something about it!
They also have the fastest Wifi on the island.

Visited December 2013