“AWESOME SURF LESSON AND PEOPLE!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Newbro Surfing is your complete surf guide at Nusa Lembongan, 100% locally owned! Surf Lessons, Surf Trips, Surf Rental, Snorkeling Trips, Island Tours in all combinations. We are certified lifeguards and always take safety first. You will have full attention of our teachers, and local knowledge of when and where to go surfing at your level. We also help you with accommodation and getting here fast and easy. Please contact us for all your questions!
大阪
“AWESOME SURF LESSON AND PEOPLE!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

It was my first time to surf ever, but thanks to Lena and my instrutor;Lolok, I really had a good time and I could stand up on the surfboard !!(only for 5-7 seconds..lol)
They were so helpful, kind , friendly and sincere! Not only surf lesson, but also they took us out to show around the island!!
If you're planning to go surfing in Lembongan, please visit NEWBRO SURFING!!!

Visited June 2012

Perth, Australia
“Pick Lena and Newbro to get your surf on! :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I had a great time during my beginners lesson with Lena and his crew at Newbro! Lena tailored the surf lesson for the different skill levels of everyone there. He was super helpful with his advice and gave useful feedback to help improve your technique and get you catching waves yourself. I checked out the other surf schools on the island and decided to go with Newbro because they were locally owned and operated- local knowledge is always key. The lesson started an hour earlier than the other schools which although I didn't like getting out of bed turned out to be perfect because the surf was better and there was no one else out on the break for half of our lesson! By the time our lesson was over the surf was nearly dead and the other schools still had loads of time to go. Lena was great at making sure you were in the best spot to catch the wave. It was a fantastic morning and I definitely recommend going with these guys if you're looking to learn how to surf! :)

Visited August 2012
Perth, Australia
10 attraction reviews
“'Lacerations' is safe & fun when having an local expert to coach you! Thanks Lena and Robot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Lena from Newbrosurfing.com is the most dedicated trainer I ever had. See, I was a (semi) beginner who surfed whitewater and was scared to take green waves. Now I am fit, capable and confident. So, if you aspire to advance your surfing by building on technique, mind control and stamina, then Lena is the coach you want to hire.

You practice on land with Lena, or in your own time, to build muscle (memory). Then in the water, Lena corrects your technique as he body-boards next to you when you take a wave. Lena and his colleague Robot always make sure you are safe and that there is plenty of space around you when you surf the wave.

The guidebooks say 'surfing Lacerations is dangerous'. I wrote Lena before I came over that was worried about it, as it was also my first time on coral. But with the high tide, it meant there was over 3m of water below me where the wave breaks, which made me feel comfortable in case of a wipe out. Secondly, he times the surf sessions such, that waves are suitable and fun for beginners.

The tide-timing changes daily with around 50-70 minutes, and the surfspots are a 3 min boat ride out, so you need some expert eyes to tell you in the morning when the conditions are good for your level and brief you on how to paddle with the currents. Lacerations surfspot has a floating buoyline where he parks the boat. It also marks the snorkelers' area, so if needed you can rest after paddling back from a wave, while watching other surfers go by.

Lena and his fellow teachers- sponsored(!) surfers Robot and Ballon- take max 2 students each, which is perfect as wave catching rotation is fast and the attention is still that of having a private teacher. Above all, a small group make sure you are safe. And 2 hours of surf lessons is longer then you think.

I was lucky to have Lena as a coach for 8 days out of the 16 days we stayed on the island. Alternate days I worked alone on my stamina paddling, stretching and doing pop-ups. July was the 'coolest' time of the year and I surfed in the 3 mm short dive-wetsuit of my boyfriend (they dive in +5mm) Bring a sweater for the evenings.

I also recommend that he sorts out your fastboat ticket and taxi transfers - very convenient and very fast! I was also lucky be be part of his daughter's 1st birthday ceremony celebration - the real Bali culture experience!

Anyone can learn stand up on a board in 10 minutes and ride and have fun. But you need stamina and most importantly, a dedicated coach to make you see how to consistently catch green waves, safely expand your boundaries and improve your pop-up technique. And Lacerations - plenty of space and nice waves!

Many thanks and enjoy the Surf competition of August 16th!
Louisa

Visited July 2012
Sydney
3 attraction reviews
“Skillful, professional and knowledgeable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Lena at Newbro surfing is an exceptional surf guide. We (family of five) spend many holidays looking for new surf experiences with our 3 kids. Lena runs a very professional operation. After organising the pick up in his boat from our accomodation we went back to his shop to choose rental boards. The choice was limited but there was something suitable for all of us. Then, with the assistance of Lena and his pro-surfing cousin Balan, we headed for the surf spots of Lembongan - firstly Shipwrecks, then Playgrounds and on the next day we tried Lacerations to complete the trio. Lena is a happy and cheerful host and guide. But most importantly he is completely focussed on the safety and well being of his customers. It was fantastic having him and Balan with their local knowledge and amazing surfing skills!!!!. I would recommend Newbro to anybody and everybody who would like to surf Lembongan that could benefit from a little local knowledge (isn't that everybody?). Our family had a wonderful time and hope to return sometime soon. If we do, we'll be booking more surfing trips with Lena at Newbro.

Visited July 2012
Vasteras, Sweden
“Bagus!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Three Swedish girls came to Lembongan in March without any expectations. We knew we wanted someone to teach us how to surf! Nervous as we were we went over to NewBro to talk with Lena. And we knew right away he was our guy! Lena is a very knowledgeable and patient instructor. He is also a nice and funny man with the biggest heart in the world!

In the beginning he and his perfect team endured our weak muscles and bad balance. But they made us stand up on our first day and after nine days of surfing with NewBro we like to call ourselfs "pros"!

Without the guys our stay in Lembongan definitely wouldn't have been as good as it was! We didn't just have the best surf experience, we also made great friends!

Thank you Lena, Balon, Robott and Learon for always making us laugh and "paddel for our future"! See you next year!
/ Lisa, Emma and Pernilla