“Beautiful charming boutique hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Manos Stephanie

You added Hotel Manos Stephanie to your Saves list
Hotel Manos Stephanie
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   28 Chaussee de Charleroi | Sint-Gillis, Saint-Gilles, Brussels 1060, Belgium   |
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Saint-Gilles
Auckland
“Beautiful charming boutique hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

I returned with my husband for a second stay in this elegant hotel and we were not disappointed. Our room was well appointed and the bed comfortable. The strengths of this hotel lie in the professionalism of the concierge, the beautiful marble foyer and the spacious breakfast room with one of the best buffet selections we experienced. Free and reliable wifi, good aircon and value for money. Will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

We felt so strongly about our experience here that we joined Trip Advisor to share it with people considering staying here. The hotel itself is elegantly decorated and situated in the Avenue Louise area, within a 20 minute walk to the Grand Place. Unfortunately our experience was soured and holiday ruined when we were wrongfully accused of damaging hotel property. Our room was inspected and when no damage was found we did not get as much as an apology from staff who had acted in an extremely rude and abrupt manner. They also threatened to call management and held this fact over our heads. From this point onwards we felt extremely uncomfortable in the hotel. The way in which we were spoken to was not only accusatory but elitist and condescending. It was as if we were children being scolded by parents. We honestly feel that we would not have been spoken to in such a manner had we been an older couple. Discrimination is a strong word to use but we feel that this is the appropriate term for this case. We will never return and would advise anyone of a younger age to follow suit.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

This 4 star hotel is located 15-20 min away from la Grand Place, and is very close to the Boulevard de Waterloo, where you can find all the luxury shops in Brussels. The area is elegant, features many places to eat, and has good connections with other parts of the city (streetcar and subway). The hotel is pretty, cozy, super clean and quiet. The thing we liked the most about it was the service, the personalized attention, and the truly welcoming attitude that we found in every single member of staff, including the chamber maid! Nowadays, I am so used to get distant and sometimes stroppy answers from hotels' personnel (even in the best establishments!) that I was struck by the friendly, polite and helpful manners that everybody in this hotel treated us with. Highly recommendable hotel!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Europe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

This charming small hotel is very conveniently located if you want to be "uptown" in the Avenue Louise area. It has everything one needs, good rooms, nice breakfast, pleasant bar, very helpful reception, free wifi, good heating and airco, attentive service and ... reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms on the street, they are more noisy.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Sofia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Well-kept hotel with an elegant interior with attention to details.
Nice convenient rooms. Very good breakfast. Helpfull and friendly staff.
Easy access to public transport (tram along the hotel street, buses near-by).

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

I stayed at the Manos Stephanie recently from August to mid-September approximately four weeks. While I missed my family, the staff at the Stephanie made things extremely easier. The friendliness and helpfulness that I received the entire time was wonderful!!! You can clearly see that everyone enjoys working with each other and do their best to take care of their guests. I had a really great room that was spacious and I had a comfortable stay the entire time. While I know there are some reviews where people feel the furniture is outdated, that truly didn’t bother me. I was able to work long into the night in my room. The hotel is perfectly located; I was able to walk to most places I needed to go. If I required a taxi I never had to wait too long to catch one. I will say if you want a friendly atmosphere, a great selection of cocktails to unwind at the end of the day and a great location to walk around, you can’t go wrong with the Manos Stephanie!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

I have relied on TripAdvisor reviews for many hotels but this is the first for which I feel compelled to write a review. While the hotel might not suit all tastes, I found the staff extremely helpful, the room comfortable and the location outstanding. As a solo woman traveller I felt quite safe in and around the hotel. I had a special request with respect to timing, and not only was it accommodated graciously, the staff went out of their way to make me feel welcome. I will definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Manos Stephanie? Share your experiences!