Stayed for 2 nights early December.
We had no complaints with the hotel itself.
The staff were pleasant and helpful, we were able to check in early at no extra cost, the room was clean and comfortable (although an extra pillow would have been nice) and the breakfast buffet was good with both 'continental' and 'cooked to order' English breakfast options.
We were on the 5th floor and although the hotel is located on a side street we did get some traffic noise from the main road but it wasn't too bad with the windows closed.
We didn't have much time to explore the local area but it seemed to be mainly residential with the usual mixture of shops, bars and cafes you would expect to find in a city suburb
The downside for us was the location. We knew it wasn't in the city centre (and too be fair this is reflected in the room price) but from previous reviews we thought you could be in the touristy bit by public transport in a few minutes but this isn't the case unless you want to be spending money on taxis.
The nearest tram stop is 5 minutes walk away, it's a 15-20 minute tram ride (no. 92) to Royal Koenig then a good 10 minute walk to Grand Place so even if you manage to catch a tram straight away, realistically, it will take you more like 35-40 minutes to reach the main tourist centre, obviously longer if you just miss a tram and have to wait 10 minutes or more for another.
Whilst the journey is not difficult it is time consuming and that is the only reason we personally wouldn't choose to stay here again whilst visiting Brussels but if you have plenty of time and don't mind a bit of a trek to the centre it's not a bad hotel at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the very heart of the Art Nouveau district in Brussels and just 10 minutes away from the Grand Place, the Catalonia Brussels (formerly HC Brussels) hotel offers their guests exterior, modern and comfortable rooms. All of them have free Wi-Fi connection and more than 20 international TV channels, as well as wide and fully equipped bathrooms for you to enjoy a pleasant stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Catalonia Brussels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Forum Hotel Saint-Gilles
- Catalonia Forum Brussels
- Catalonia Forum Hotel Brussels
- Catalonia Brussels Belgium