“Thief operating in hotel restaurant” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Manos Premier Hotel

Save Saved
You added Manos Premier Hotel to your Saves list
Manos Premier Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chaussee de Charleroi, 100-106 | Sint-Gillis, Saint-Gilles, Brussels 1060, Belgium   |
Ranked #12 of 21 hotels in Saint-Gilles
London, England, United Kingdom
“Thief operating in hotel restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I did not stay at this hotel but I had a breakfast meeting in the restaurant on the ground floor. The restaurant was empty except our table and one other far away, near the buffet. I was with three other people. While I was speaking with the people on our table, a thief, who had sat at the table next to us stole my handbag with my passport, eurostar tickets, my mobile, blackberry, all my papers, house key etc.

With hindsight the people at my table said they saw the thief sit at the table next to us. But they didn't see him take the bag. The director of the hotel could not play the CCTV footage, which was stuck on the 27th October 2012. It is possible that someone working in the hotel was in on the operation. There was no consierge at the front door, no door man, no one to greet us when we arrived at the restaurant. There was only one waiter serving us and the director of the hotel was behind the front desk.

I am shocked that they allowed someone to come into the restaurant, sit beside us, not order any food or drinks and then exit again. I would use this hotel restaurant at your own risk.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Merav A, Manager at Manos Premier Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear guest,
As part of Manos Premier management member, we can understand your filling about this issue. As we are a 'public' place we cannot refuse people that want to enjoy our breakfast. With all our effort to control all coming guest it is very difficult to see or to 'judge' those coming guest.
This is the first time that it’s happened certainly because of the crises, and we can guarantee that we will do all the necessary to stop this. On the other hand we will not accept this direct accusation of our staff to be one or part of this issue!
Our staff was trained to give the best service to match with all guest expectation.
Manos hotel which you all the best and wish to welcome you back for your next visit in Brussels.

Best regards,
Mrs. Merav Abergel

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Les Eyzies-de-Tayac-Sireuil, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I've been al Manos Premier Hotel for a business trip. The hotel is very good. The services are good: free wi-fi, restaurant, spa. I couldn't try everything, such as the spa was very busy. But overall I found all of good quality. My room very elegant and well appointed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Merav A, Manager at Manos Premier Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are very thankful for receiving such a nice comment about our hotel.

We hope that you were happily satisfied with your stay, our staff strives to provide the best service and we promise to maintain and continuously improve our standards of the hotel.

Your positive comment will be transmitted to the team.

Warmest regards,

paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

If you did not know you would never imagine that behind a dull facade on the street this hotel is
probably the best value for money.
The rooms are spacious, all decorated with taste, the bathrooms are large, and the biggest surprise comes from the large garden where meals are served during the summer.
Rooms facing this beautiful garden must be requested . They have a wonderful view on the trees.
Rooms on the street tend to be a little noisy.
The breakfast , served in the very attractive dining room with a glass roof in the garden, is plentiful, and the service is friendly and very professional.
The reception is very efficient and always ready to help.
The hotel is well located, not far from the city center.
For me this is the best hotel in Brussels.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the garden.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Merav A, Manager at Manos Premier Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
The whole team thanks you for such a nice comment.
Looking forward welcoming you in a near future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My organization recently hosted a meeting at this hotel, using the Manos Premier and Manos Stephanie for guest rooms, and the Conference Center for our meeting. Although I was not able to stay in either hotel due to lack of room availability (and more attendees than we originally anticipated), the feedback from our guests was mostly positive. Attendees felt the rooms had a certain grandeur, which while not perhaps their style for their homes, was a style differentiating the hotel and keeping it memorable. Certainly the hotel lobby and restaurant were gorgeous. Our lunch on each day was hosted in a room with a lovely atrium-style, green-house style room, which was just really, really nice. Food was also quite good. Quality vs. cost was decent.

Our only complaint was regarding the handling of our meeting. There were many items that were not agreed to in the contract which then became issues while we were on-site for the meeting and which were then presented as "not negotiable." I also felt there was a considerable lack of communication between the events staff and our staff - for example, we wanted microphones in the meeting rooms; a fairly mundane request - which were not met! They didn't even tell us that they didn't have any microphones, just didn't provide them. We also had a number of issues related to billing, which would dissuade me from bringing another group to this property.

All that said, the guest rooms seemed to go over very well and the value for money was also good as related to both the meeting rooms and guest rooms.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Merav A, Manager at Manos Premier Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

we thank you for your feedback, all the comments published are taken into account.
Our conference center known by his excellent location, quality and service, offer the best for all guest and companies. However, please note that all extra material or extra person needs to be booked in advance.

We apologize for the meeting that didn’t match your expectations, but hope to have another opportunity to welcome your company in better conditions.

Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

The hotel has an old world charm about it without being stiff or snuffy.
The location is quite nice too - just around the corner of the very lively Chatelaine neighbourhood.
But it's really the breakfast which I remember fondly.
As such, it's probably one of the best hotels for a little Brussels weekend get-away.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Merav A, Assistant General Manager at Manos Premier Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear guest,

The Manos Premier team thank you very much for writing such a nice comment about our hotel.

We are delighted to hear that you were happily satisfied with your stay, our staff strives to provide the best service and we promise to maintain and continuously improve our standards of the hotel.

We truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for your next visit in Brussels.

Warmest Regards.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I stayed in this hotel in the suite number 2, for a week end with my wife, for our honey moon!
nice front with a beautiful climbing plants, lovely staff! varied breakfast, american or a big choice in the buffet. a room size was about 52 M square, room very clean, we liked this hotel and we will come back to this hotel! the price was very correct
desapointed because the spa was closed! but we use for free the sauna!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

This is the most beautiful hotel in Brussels for me. I always come back to one of the rooms overlooking the beautiful garden at the back. It is almost a small forest in the middle of the city! Rooms are comfortable, very clean, beautifully decorated, and mostly quite spacious. During my visits, I always detach the opaque fabric window shades to be able to enjoy the view from the rooms.

During my last visit, I stayed in one of the new renovated rooms. There you go: as in all newly renovated hotel rooms or new hotels all around the world, the glass panel on bathtub side is 50cm too narrow to prevent water from spilling from the shower to the bathroom floor. This is not a criticism specific to this hotel. I don't know when architects lost the sense for such down to earth measurements.

The staff has a relaxed and informal, but very professional attitude, which I appreciate very much. There is an exceptional restaurant, and a very chic bar. The spa and gym area is enjoyable.

The breakfast buffet is quite sophisticated. My only negative criticism is insufficient number of breakfast personnel. You usually have to wait long for a cleaned table or for your tea or coffee during peak hours. Nevertheless, their goodwill and politeness make up for the inconvenience.

The best chocolate shop Zaabar is just across the street!

Room Tip: I can understand those who have stayed in rooms on lower floors street side have not made as good an...
Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Manos Premier Hotel? Share your experiences!