I appreciate that I might sound like I'm working for Sofitel when you read this review, but I promise I'm not!
I booked a 1-night Saturday stay in a Junior Suite for this weekend just passed. Sofitel sent a form a couple of days before asking for our arrival time, departure time, plus any food allergies etc.
We took the early Eurostar from London, meaning we were at the Sofitel at 10.30am (it's only 3/4 stops on Metro from Gare-du-Midi to Louise). We fully expected just to drop our bags and head out to explore the city, but the room was ready so we were able to go straight up, chill out and take our time. A very impressive start!
The Junior Suite was great, very spacious with a large bedroom, separate lounge area, large bathroom with his and hers sinks and a large shower (and separate toilet, which is nice). There were 2 TVs, one in the bedroom and one in the lounge area, with a Bose radio/speaker/ipod dock. Large comfy bed with a very soft mattress topper, probably large queen size. Hermès toiletries in the bathroom too, which the gf liked.
We had dinner outside on the terrace on the Saturday night and it was superb. It's not cheap - for 3 courses each (gf doesn't drink, but I had a couple of glasses of wine and a couple of beers) the bill was just over 200eur total. The terrace area is great, with modern background music and lovely lighting once the sun starts to go down. I had salmon to start, lamb shank for main and creme brulee for dessert, gf had prawns to start, steak for main and a fruit salad for dessert. The most impressive thing was that reception had passed the restaurant the list of my gf's food allergies (it's a long list!) and the waitress specially pointed out everything on the menu she could have and what they could substitute/do specially for her. Really helpful! The Sancerre I had was very tasty (but again a little pricey at 13eur a glass).
Breakfast was good too (but it is 28eur pp) - a great selection of cold meats/salmon, waffles, crepes, aswell as hot food cooked to order and a good choice of fresh fruit, yoghurt, preserves and sauces etc.
All in all, this hotel is exactly what a 5-star hotel should be like - great bedroom, delicious dinner and breakfast, and perfectly located (a 15min stroll into town) with very high-end shopping just opposite and round the corner on Avenue Louise. Yes, it is expensive, but you should expect that from a high-end 5-star hotel.
I could not recommend this hotel highly enough. Superb.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Sofitel Brussels Le Louise a luxury hotel in Brussels prestigious Avenue Louise district nestled amid quiet streets lined with chestnut trees designer boutiques and art deco mansions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Amex, ACCOR, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Despegar.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Brussels Le Louise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Brussels Le Louise Hotel Ixelles
- Accor Brussels Le Louise
- Brussels Sofitel
- Sofitel Brussels Le Louise Belgium