“Excellent Meal and Atmosphere!” 5 of 5 stars

+32 2 537 69 95
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Le Chou de Bruxelles is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 104 Restaurants in Ixelles
Cuisines: Belgian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Since 20years our restaurant have the pleasure to serve you a local cooking in a "belgo-belge" decoration, our specialty, the mussels, prepared in more then 30 kinds, built our reputation and well outside our borders. In good weather, a beautiful garden will welcome you.Special in Brussels, you can compose yourself your Menu "à la carte" for 29€: starter, main course and dessert to choose in the menu.
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Meal and Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We went here our last night after a week in Europe because it got strong reviews and was near our hotel in Brussels. Wow! Great place! Family-owned restaurant has wonderful French Belgian cuisine. Mussels any way you want them; steak frites; foie gras, and more. The atmosphere was casual, happy and romantic all at once. The food, wine and beer were excellent quality and the service was mostly quick (but not too quick) and always with a smile. Love the owner -- I couldn't decide between foie gras and beef carpaccio so the owner (I later learned) piled my carpaccio with a taste of the foie. So unnecessary, hilarious and delicious. I would go out of my way to come back to this restaurant. Magnifique! Super! Merci Bocu!

• Visited September 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Lovely welcome to Brussels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The girl at reception at my hotel recommended an Italian restaurant close by, but as it was my first night in Brussels, I was looking for something of a Belgian flavour. This restaurant offered just that. I had moules a la creme which of course came with pomme frites. The mussels came in a huge steaming pot, and the sauce was just perfect - not too creamy but with a delicious flavour. And the pomme frites were also fantastic. I don't want to know how they make them taste so good! I followed with tarte tatin and It was so good I could have licked the plate.
The service was terrific too. I dined on my own and everyone made me feel very welcomed.
Great value, plenty of food and a real Belgian experience.

“Hidden gem in Brussels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Visited based on TA reviews, and totally agree. This restaurant is a true gem. The best part is that it is clearly favored by the locals (always a good sign!). We enjoyed their 3 course dinner menu for EUR29.00 - great value and quality. Highly recommend.

London, United Kingdom
“Uninteresting food, decent setting”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Went here on the recommendation of our hotel concierge. Quite disappointed, the salmon was, to coin a phrase from my dining partner "cooked to all holy hell" and despite her shrimps being swimming in butter and garlic, had only minimal flavour. Both our dishes were accompanied with plain boiled potatoes; it is a general dislike of mine when restaurants batch boil potatoes and serve them unseasoned with everything as an accompaniment. Ditto on the slightly wilted salad greens that made several appearances.

The bread was slightly stale, and had a crust indicating it had been left out for some time.

The service was quite good and attentive, and the setting nicely quiet. However for 70 euros on two courses (we did not stay for dessert after the disappointing meal), I frankly expect more. Brussels has some excellent dining options, and there is really no reason to dine here.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Little Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

This is a great family run restaurant. Very friendly and attentive. Will visit every time I'm in Brussels