“poor services” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in La Courneuve
Pitesti, Romania
“poor services”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I booked a room at this hotel and when I arrived all the rooms were full. They gave me no explanation regarding this situation and, moreover, they even charged me for a night that I couldn't spend at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Oakham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Run down area but close to RER
Check in was just that - bonjour, here's your key!
Room was small, multi coloured, poor decoration as was bathroom.
Good thing was clean bed with a good mattress. Walls paper thin, next doors shower drowned out TV and when door closed next door, our whole room rattled, not good at 6am on Sunday morning.
Paid for secure parking - don't bother, car is in a very rough patch of land next door and gates were never closed
Booking with booking.com and card debited within 8 hours of booking. On departure they tried to charge us again and because of that we left without taking breakfast.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
N lincs
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

good bits- clean sheets, most staff friendly. close to station with 5 stops to Notre Dame.
bad bits - overpriced & money taken out of account within 3 days of booking. Charged 10euros per night for parking(also taken out at booking) Overpriced meals in evening with only one course.
Always felt we were imposing by staying there. Not a friendly welcome on arrival and shown to a room with only one single bed made up for 2 of us.
recommendations- make sure you pay for food& drink each evening. Ask in morning what will be offered at evening meal.
Not value for money in our view & we feel we were taken for fools. Stayed in 12 hotels through France & this was by far the worst.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in June 2013. I dont know what some people expect from hotels like this. My room was the largest I have ever had in a Paris hotel, bathroom was modern and clean, with a shower, yes a shower-- in Paris!
Hotel is spotless clean, very well managed, very friendly staff and locals, couldnt have been more helpful.
Free parking in secure garage for 2 days ---free
Free Wifi, I will say that again, FREE W-FI, listen up english hotels and especially Holiday Inn, free wi-fi.
Food is homely but good and excellent value. Breakfast was typical Paris, that is to say excellent, croissant, bread roll, orange juice, fruit salad, cheese, cut meat, yoghurt, free coffee.
OK, the area is predominantly Turkish and looks run down, but what budget areas of Paris dont, but that said, I never at any time felt uncomfortable or threatened by locals, which is more than I could say in a lot of English towns.
Only drawbacks were, lack of aircon, and traffic noise from street.
I would stay there again no problem and look forward to it.

Room Tip: try to get upper room away from street noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

The surrounding area is deprived no doubt about that. The car park is to the side of the hotle and the only reason we booked to be frank. It has a capacity of 4 cars at most. The lobby very small, the rooms also small but bed linen was clean and so was the room. The room we had was a double with a double bunk for the kids. No bath just shower cubicle without any cubicle, so not to my standard to say the least! Tiny bathroom, but as this is my second stay in this area, I think this is the standard to expect for the money. Fine for one night if you have made no other arrangements. They charged us £100 as they could sense we were desperate for a room at that time of night, I would not stay here again if I had a choice.

Room Tip: Dont stay here is fair honest advice in my view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bath, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

They overbooked, but even though it was their mistake and they cancelled our booking before we even arrived, they still went ahead and charged us for the full 5 nights from our card details. What a scam. I've now read that other people have had similar experiences. We could not contact them by phone or email - they would not reply. They are scam artists and I'd avoid them in the future. Disgraceful behaviour.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lydd, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This Hotel was booked by a French friend who did not come on our 6 Nations trip to watch France V's Scotland. We knew the Hotel was budget but it ticked boxes for being near the Metro ( Metro only 2 mins walk ) and only 2 stops to the Stade!!!! We arrived with my frien assuring me that he had changed the booking from 3 people too 4 but there was no recolection of this from the Hotellier. However this was quickly remedied by the staff who made an extra bed for us in the room. Yes it was cramped but we did go on a budget and have 4 large adult males sharing a room. Basically we had no problems and staff were helpful as someone previously mentioned you get what you pay for, but was great for our trip!!!!

Room Tip: Great location for Metro and Stade de France
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Le Pasteur? Share your experiences!