When we just arrived, Armand welcomed us with a tie! And his humorous and Lael's warm and elegant, as well as the best ever lake view from the balcony of the suite on the third floor, made me decide to stay for a second night at once.
Two days are too short, however, which still proved my decision is so correct. List something I feel happy with Armand, Lael and the Villa Lavaux:
- Specific design and high end facility and decoration, the room is quiet and comfortable…comparing with the expensive hotels in China, Villa Lavaux is worth of the price;
- The full breakfast prepared by Lael with pre-ordered croissants, orange juice, Yogurt, meat, all kinds of cheese… Oh, and the coffee made by Armand with good team work spirit;
- Armand recommended the nearby destinations and restaurants in detail with his interesting comments, Lael even called to reserve the table in the restaurant for us, because French is the only official language for this nice restaurant;
- A small bottle of Red wine, personally I think it's too small :); and large bottles of mineral water, sparkling, light sparkling and flat free to choose from. You could bear with it for another free bottle of water to tell Armand again which kind of water you need. :)
- Lael opened the big white umbrella to shade us for our self made lunch;
- Lael offered another room for us to only put our heavy luggage, which saved the effort to lift them onto the third floor. Really a free sweet offer!
Thanks again to Armand and Lael, you make us feel at home when staying at Villa Lavaux with such a beautiful place and the breath taking view of lake Geneva. No wonder we would be back if we visit Switzerland again, and I strongly recommend Villa Lavaux as the No. 1 BnB choice in this area.
Just book it!
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.