“READ this before you book your stay here...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pacific Palms Motor Inn

You added Pacific Palms Motor Inn to your Saves list
Pacific Palms Motor Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1051 David Low Way, Marcoola, Queensland 4564, Australia   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Marcoola
“READ this before you book your stay here...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2008

I needed a place for the night, found this hotel online and checked reviews. Reviews were iffy... but I'm thankful I read the review or I would have freaked out when the first plane landed over the hotel. Had I not have read this in another review, I would have thought a plane was going to crash. I read a review where a child was frightened. Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised at all. They should really let you know about the jets that land over the hotel and at the very least someone should mention it at check-in.

Okay... now for my stay. I get there about 3:00PM, no one was there, but it said they would return and a mobile number was provided. I thought no big deal and drove to Mackers at Coolum Beach, had dinner, went to the dog beach and then went back to the hotel, where I was greeted a kind SHIRTLESS man... hmmmmm I wondered, but yes, he was at least wearing shorts. :0) This shirtless man checks me in and issues me a key, tells me about the property and area attractions. Nice guy.

Don't let the outside scare you... because although old and in flight patch of the Sunshine Coast International Airport, the room was clean, very nice tile... I had read about the tile in a previous review and it's true... well done guys. The furniture was old, tv and ac worked fine and I felt safe. I only stayed for the night, but for the price, I'd consider staying there again. Although, truthfully I really understand a previous reviewer in regards to how it could frighten a child. The planes and roar seemed really really really close to the hotel.

• Liked — Nice location near the beach
  • Disliked — Hotel sits at the END of a RUNWAY. Actually kinda funny... who would run a motel at the end of a runway. It's amazing they're able to stay open in that location.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2008

We needed a weekend hotel in Maroochydore at short notice. I found this on a website and it was advertised as Maroochydore and we got the last available room so I took it as it was a reasonable price and other places were booked out.
It is considerably north of Maroochydore, in Marcoola, and right next door to the airport and looks very uninviting from the exterior. Before we parked the car I was already considering finding somewhere else. However, my fears were mostly unfounded. The airport noise wasn't that bad as it wasn't at night. It is on a busy main road but again we didn't really notice it. The rooms look like they have recently been refurbed and are spacious, airy and extremely clean with modern bathrooms. They are well lit and very nicely tiled. The bed was comfy. They had a toaster and an iron but no hair dryer or hanging space which was a pain.They didn't appear to have maid service but as we were only staying 2 nights this wasn't a big deal. The beautiful beach is a stones throw away and it is a short drive to Maroochydore but there are a lot of road works and speed restrictions at the moment.

• Liked — The decor
  • Disliked — No hanging space
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Aus
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2008

We booked this hotel on line and even spoke to the host on the phone to tell him we had a 11 month old child. When we arrived and checked in we had a jet plane come in to land at the very near by airport about 20 meters above our head . By the time we had gotten to the room another jet had come over and our child was in a state of fear to the point we couldn't put him down.
If you knew as an owner that people were bringing a child would you not tell them of the airport ? I mean if i was a single traveller i wouldn't care about the planes but to be blatantly ripped off by this owner was a slap in the face . He took the whole $250 dollars for the hour we were there with not even a consideration of a partial refund . The accomidation was ok .. if I was single and needed a place to sleep for 1 night yeh it would be ok, the beach access is false too, the path runs to a point where it is met by the front fence of the actual owner of the land at a guess, where his front fence blocks the path off so you cant go anywhere but back where you came from .
In closing and as you can tell I was very unimpressed by the owner and the accomidation , go stay in a place called Alexandria Headland it's so much nicer as a traveller and only 10 mins up the road .

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The planes and the hosts attitude
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2005

This motel is above average for a roadside motel and the owners who live on site are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious, very well appointed, spotlessly clean and also have a lovely big bathroom with a vanity unit and large shower. There is also a small kitchen area with a microwave, although it was possible to order some meals from reception if we didn't feel like preparing our own. The local Surf Club is also within walking distance and provide good, inexpensive meals. Marcoola beach is just wonderful and only a couple of minutes walk away; Noosa and the other Sunshine Coast resorts are all only about 10-15 minutes drive away as also is access to the wonderful hinterland areas. A great motel in a great location without having to pay those great prices that usually go with all this. We loved it so much, we stayed for two weeks and there were guests at this motel who had been there even longer than us.

San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2004

This is a roadside motel by the beach in Marcoola Beach. It is a great value for what you get. The room is clean, comfortable, and spacious. My room had a queen bed and a couch. Amenities such as phone, hair dryer, alarm clock, air conditioning, and TV are provided. The DVD player along with free DVD rentals from the front desk is a nice touch. The front desk staff is great. Don't worry about the occasional overhead jet - the planes don't fly at night. It is just a short walk from the beach or a short drive from other Sunshine Coast attractions such as Noosa.

Been to Pacific Palms Motor Inn? Share your experiences!