We were upset the mountains were burned by controlled fires to reduce an "allergen" in the trees as it took away the lush atmosphere that the photos portray. When driving through the gates it seemed very deserted, similar to a hotel in a "face lift" phase. A lot of work happening and not may guests were present.
When checking in we were given a room on the top floor. The hallway was not lit, just sun light through the openings on the wall, very uneasy feeling, the room we were given was right beside a suite of rooms being remodelled. As we walked in we could tell that our room did not match the photos online and must have not had the "facelift." As we settled in, we were startled by a drill in the other room- we were in the lobby changing rooms 2 minutes later. The front desk moved us to a room on the ground floor in a different building which was beach front. The room was updated and nice- the patio was steps from the pool and beach.
We went to Pellicans bar and the bartender did not say a word to us, but stood there assisting another guest. We waited until he finished with the other guest and then he turned his back to us, so we walked away and left the property to go eat elsewhere.
Pool was clean and nice, beach was relaxing and a perfect place to sit and enjoy the sunset.
The beach was very private, no other people than the hotel/condo guests made it feel safe and able to take romantic strolls.
Bartender at the lobby bar was fun and made great drinks and kept us entertained.
Breakfast at Brasas was delicious- egg wrap was HUGE, service was spotty the first day but we understood since it was super busy, the next two mornings were not the same, we were served by Luis and service was flawless.
Fitness room was on top floor- A/C did not work and equipment needed serious upgrades.
The hotel was super busy the final night due to a large wedding. The wedding cocktail hours happened in the coutyard which made noise a problem since there was nothing between the huge speakers brought in by the DJ and the wooden door to our room 100ft away.
Summary: Good value, great food, not best location for Rincon, (10-15 min drive) great beach, need to update some services and products/rooms. Poor fitness room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the Bay of Añasco in Puerto Rico's West Coast, Rincon Beach Resort is the perfect escapade for relaxing days under the sun or enjoying an unforgettable dining experience. The West Coast of Puerto Rico, known as Porta del Sol, is home to some of the world's best beaches and surfing areas. Rincon Beach Resort features 112 newly furnished guestrooms with 24 spacious one or two-bedroom condo villas perfect for families, an infinity freeform swimming pool with Jacuzzi overlooking the Caribbean Sea, a swim up bar, lobby bar, Brasas Restaurant and Pelican Beachfront Grill. Rincon Beach Resort offers its guests an array of activities to ensure a memorable experience throughout their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Rincon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rincon Beach Hotel Anasco
- Hotel Rincon Beach
- Rincon Beach Resort Puerto Rico/Anasco