“It's nice to be at the seaside” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Georgian House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Walton-on-the-Naze
The Georgian House
You added The Georgian House to your Saves list
Marine Parade, Walton-on-the-Naze, England   |
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“It's nice to be at the seaside”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Couldn't get any nearer to the sea being just across the road.
Goods rooms amd excellent breakfast.
Friendly hosts what more could you want
Easy walk into town and for ramblers to the Naze with its tower

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Berkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Great Hosts & Good Location! We visited this b&b as we were visiting relatives in nearby Frinton.

The Georgian House is in a very quiet no through road, so practically no passing traffic. It's a few steps across the road to the sandy beach, views from the breakfast room look out over the sea.

Geoff greeted us on our arrival and could not have been more friendly, welcoming, easy and relaxed. A fellow Londoner :-) The room we had at the top of the stairs was large and airy, lovely roll top bath, the house is simply beautiful, decorated throughout in keeping with the style of the house.

On our return later in the evening after seeing the relies', we got chatting to Geoff and his wife, Christine who is also extremely sociable. A couple of drinks later and we felt like old friends! Breakfast the next morning was lovely, Christine cooked us what we had requested, it was all perfect.

I can't understand the fuss about the sign in the room re; paying. We saw this sign, it has a couple of other requests on it, all just routine stuff, not abrupt and as soon as we saw it we just paid Geoff on our way out to Frinton that day! Sadly, we live in an age where people do runners, the proprietors are simply protecting themselves against this, no harm done!

If you are in the area, want a friendly, comfortable, clean and beautiful house to stay in, then look no further! Very reasonable rates too. We will back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Beccles, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I haven't stayed (or even thought of staying) in a b&b for years. Wanted to stay in Walton on the Naze and searched online for accommodation. Found advert for The Georgian House and decided to book. We were greeted by our friendly host Geoff and shown around, Breakfast room, TV/sitting room and our own room. The house is beautiful! Our bedroom was spacious and the house was spotless throughout. Tea/coffee facilities in our tastefully decorated and comfortable room and although not en suite (which nearly stopped us booking) we had a bathroom for our own use just outside our bedroom. Breakfast room was also beautiful and we ate a very full and well cooked meal. Thank you for a great stay and we are now thinking of booking b&b again.

Room Tip: Only two rooms for guests. We had the one on the first floor next to our own bathroom.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We arrived = what a house and room. Sincerely the name says it all ;) has a small lad I've always admired these properties ;) , I never thought I'd get to re live there good days ! But it's been refurbished and decorated beyond that even. The decorations are very aped for a grosgrain period house. IT WAS A DREAM .if you can book it PLEASE TRY ! You won't regret you're stay ;).

• Stayed July 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed for one night with my daughter, superb accommodation in a brilliant location. Chris was very friendly and welcoming, the house and room were Immensely clean, with breakfast made for royalty served on a hot plate, and there was plenty of hot water for myself and my daughter to bathe in. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, and both cannot fault The Georgian House in any way. Thank you, look forward to staying again soon!

Room Tip: Lovely room and bathroom facilities
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Waltham Cross, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

had the best weekend here, would have to agree with everything that Tiche5 said, we found Chris and Geoff fantastic hosts, we wanted for nothing! The location is to die for, as was the breakfast!!!!! Will definatly stay again! Would add that if you are using satnav the address is East Terrace and not Marine Parade

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Uckfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I spent last Friday night at The Georgian House with a couple of friends and had a wonderful time. I have just noticed a review complaining of inadequate hot water, cold plates at breakfast and a smell of cigarette smoke. I can only say that I had a lovely long hot shower on Saturday morning, enjoyed my breakfast off a hot plate after my shower and smelt nothing but clean air all the time I was there. I didn't actually notice the sign in the bedroom asking for cash on arrival, and we were not, in fact, expected to settle our bill until we were about to leave. I suppose if I had seen the notice I might have found it rather abrupt. Since the very friendly and helpful Chris and Geoff, don't actually expect immediate payment, i suppose the notice could be removed without a problem. The location of the b and b is a dream, just across a small, little-frequented road from a gorgeous sandy beach. Our rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable, no TV, which is fine. I would certainly go back.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Georgian House? Share your experiences!