The hotel and SPA is actually nice. Rooms are up to expectations, view is amazing, personnel is very kind, all the time. So, why 3 stars (though I admit, as I write I am still undecided between 3 and 4)?
I think it felt short on a few things... Here is what I found great and not so great:
- Competent and kind personnel
- Spacious room, with an amazing view if on the lake side
- SPA has all you need (great to go out and see the mountains while in the pool)
not so good:
- no food after 9.30! The alternative is going to town, quite a few km of curves and mountain roads, and restaurant should be booked well ahead of time (so haven't tried it)
- Brochures were mostly in German, sometimes in Italian and rarely in English
- Buttons to enable some features in the SPA area (i.e. small fountains or tub) were not working
- The steam room I found did not have enough steam - I was getting almost cold between one steam 'cycle' and another - same for the sauna, too dry (but I guess this is up to taste).
All in all, I think this is a nice place to stay, but could really benefit with some improvements